Chapter 9

"Paris?" Sloan called who was standing in front of their door. Paris's mother opened the door and smiled at Sloan.

"Oh Sloan, He's been upstairs all day, reading a book" Sloan raised her eyebrows in surprised "Come on in"

Sloan went Inside and made her way up to Paris's room. She did not bother to knock and just opened the door. Paris did not even noticed she came in for he was focused on reading. It was the book Sloan gave to him.

Sloan was leaning against his door. Ready to tease him once he noticed her. But nothing. Seems like he was too focused, so she fake a cough.

Paris quickly closed the booked and looked over his door with wide eyes. "How long have you been there?"

"Half an hour" she lies. And sat on his bed "Watcha readin' there?" She points behind his back.

"Reading?"

"I thought books are boring?"

"They are. I just tried to read the book you gave me. Yeah as expected, boring." He yawns and stood up.

Sloan laughed. Paris just gave her a look, as if he was saying she was a weirdo for laughing so randomly.

"I told Camila for the three of us to eat outside, but apparently she was busy" The two head out their way out of the house.

"Should we go visit her later?" Paris asked while they were walking. Sloan just shrugged her shoulders.

"She might be busy, tomorrow maybe" she says.

"So where are we going to eat? And you're paying...right?" Sloan looked at him and scoffed "What? You were the one who said we should go eat outside so I assume you are paying"

"Paris, let's say you went on a date and your girlfriend ask you to go out and eat. Should you let her pay for the meal?" She says with her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah?"

Sloan smacked him and the head that made him hissed out in pain. "What a gentleman you are, Moore. Of course I am an exception since you and I are friends but seriously Paris. You'll let your girlfriend pay for your dates?"

"I mean, is it not unfair for us men who will always pay for it then?" He defended "It should be both"

"God, no wonder you are not ready for marriage and stuff" she mumbled, though Paris heard some of it.

"Fine. I'll pay half." He says.

"By that you mean you'll pay yours?" She laughed once again. "You really are a gentleman." Sloan was also trying to get him pay their meals. Hoping he'd fall for her plan.

Paris groaned and tucked his hands on his pocket. "Fine fine whatever. I'll pay"

"Oh no no. You're not even sincere so forget it. Thus, I am advising you how to treat a lady once you're already in a relationship."

"I said I'm paying. Now where are we going to eat?"

Sloan smiled widely, happy that her plan worked. Though half of it was really her giving him advice. Sloan held his wrist and pulled him as she ran, that made her friend stumble.

_____

"It looks a little-I don't know. It just doesn't suit her" Diana says while looking at the dress Camila was wearing. Camila groaned. She has been standing there for hours. "Oh come on now dear"

"Mother. Feet are killing me!" Camila whined. "Can we please do this later or tomorrow? The wedding is a few months away"

"I suppose you're right. Although didn't Gabriel said that--"