Chapter 16

It was night time and all of them were at the dining room. Joseph invited Gabriel to stay over for dinner once he saw him awhile ago. Camila was just quietly sitting there, as always. Listening to Joseph and Gabriel talking about a few things and also Steffan and Diana joining in the topic. She does not speak much whenever they eat together unless she was spoken to. Quite different when she was eating with only her siblings or her friends, that she speaks. She mostly does not relate to every word they say, for it was always the same thing. Well—mostly, but still.

Camila was finally getting bored. Since she was done eating, she decided to excuse herself since she has no reason to be there anyway. "May I be excused?" She says.

"Already?" What do you mean already? They've been there for almost an hour and a half! Camila just nods and said that she was starting to get sleepy.

"I'll walk you to your room" Gabriel says as he slowly stood up from his chair.

"No no, it's fine. I can manage"

"Are you sure?" I mean, of course? She was just going upstairs to her room. It is not like she had to crawl and take a carriage to go there.

"Yes, I'm sure. Continue what you are doing"

"Me too" says Iris, followed by Emily.

________

The next day has came. Camila somehow was looking forward to be morning since last night, for some reason that she does not know what is. But all she knows was, she wanted the next day to come right away. Maybe it was because she hoped to spend time with Nicholas. Could be.

"You look happy..."

"Good morning, Mother"

"Care to tell me why you're smiling that big?" Diana smiles and sat beside her daughter.

"What? This is normal, don't I smile everyday?"

"Honestly, no. Not much. Now, tell me what's making you happy hmm?"

"It's nothing, just—woke up on the right side of the bed I guess?" Diana gave her a teasing smile as though she does not believe her. It has to be something, with that smile? Of course there's something. There has to be something. "Mother, do not think of this as something weird-"

"I'm not" she laughs "I am just happy to see my daughter smiling. Now, I am not going to keep asking you questions on why do you look happy in a different way. Instead I shall enjoy seeing you like that" she kissed her cheeks before getting up as she left.

"Miss Camila. A letter was sent to you from your gown designer" Sienna placed an envelope on the table. Camila opened it and read what it says. Her designer says that a few new gowns has arrived that she might like and that what time should they come over for Camila to take a look and try on for the gowns. Her smile drops. Right, she must go back to that tomorrow. Not that she was forced to, it was just that Gabriel kept talking about it that pressured her to continue it.

She puts the letter back to the envelope and instead of saying something about it, she just stood up from her seat and told Sienna that she was going out.

Just right about her walking her way to the gates, she saw Nicholas as though he was about to enter the gates. A smile grew on her face without even realizing it. Just the person she wanted to see.

"Hmm, fancy seeing you here?"

"I might've had the feeling that I should come over but it looks like you are about to go somewhere else?"

"Just out. Join me?"

"Certainly. Although where do you plan on going?"

"I told you, just out. I have nothing planned"