Chapter 15

"So how did your visit to Nicholas go? Is he doing alright?" Steffan asked. They were at the dining room, eating breakfast.

"He had a very high fever and was coughing so I do not know if by today he is to be fine" she answered. Camila plans on visiting him again by the afternoon and bring him some pastries. Yesterday she felt bad for him on how pale he looks and how he was wrapped up in a blanket in his bed.

"If he was very sick then you should not have went there. You could've catch his cold" Joseph says. "And why do I always notice you with Nicholas rather than Gabriel?"

Diana coughed and decided to step in "Now now Joseph. Camila was worried about her friend and decided to check on him for a while. Even brought cupcakes for the Wynters--"

"My cupcakes. I did that." Iris says proudly "Go on Mother..."

"There is nothing wrong with that, right?" Camila smiled at her mother and mouthed thank you. And thank god her mother understands her. "Now do not be too grumpy to Camila just by spending time with Nicholas. You do not complain about it when she is with Paris."

Joseph just stayed silent.

"When do you plan on getting back to wedding dresses, dear?" Diana asks her daughter who was beside her. "Not that I am pressuring, of course it is still your choice whenever you want to start or not."

"Maybe after a few days? Or after three days maybe?" Diana nods and told her about some wonderful dresses she has found that will surely look good on her. Iris joined in by saying does she not get to pick a dress for herself at her sisters wedding? Diana answered that she does not know and asked Camila about it. "As of what I remembered. Gabriel will just let the designers assign dresses since he says that it will take too long if everyone gets to choose." And with that, Iris huffed, saying it was unfair.

"It already took long just by you choosing a dress! I am pretty sure mine will not. I am excellent at choosing dresses."

"Well if you're so excellent, then help Camila choose a dress" Steffan commented. Emily was just holding her laughter beside her husband.

"My pleasure."

As they finished breakfast. Camila excused herself as she made her way to their garden to read. Thomas was there, as always, watering the plants.

"Good morning, Miss Camila" he greeted her with a smile. Camila greeted him back. "Been a while since I last saw you read here"

"I suppose you are right" she smiled.

"So how is the wedding planning going?"

"Hmm, All right, I guess? Quite stressful and If I am to be honest then I must admit that it is boring." Thomas chuckled. "I get to spend hours standing and stepping in and out of the dressing room to try on different dresses and having meetings with different designers each day."

"Well damn. That is stressful. Seems to me that Mr. Gabriel is a little picky" he joked, though Camila agreed in her mind.

Later on as the blonde girl reads peacefully in their garden but felt something round and soft hit her in the nose. She looks down and saw a grape. She already knows who it was.

"I'm getting better at this" Paris says while walking with a bag of grapes in his hand. "Hello Camila, hello cousin" he greets.

"And what is the reason this time that you disturb me from my reading once again?"

Paris sat beside her and sighed as he scratch the back of his head. Camila scanned his facial expression. He looks, nervous? Was it something important that he needs? "I plan on taking Sloan out"