Chapter 26

"What, do you think she's like? You reckon she's more prettier than me?"

"I don't know, maybe?"

"Do you suppose she's nice or a bitchy rich girl kind of a lady?"

"Iris, I'd still don't know for I still have not met her" Emily says. Iris kept on talking about Lydia all morning because the day has come that she will be arriving. Iris could not help but think about what was she like. "And please do not talk about her once Camila gets here"

"Well of course. I am aware, Em. And besides, are you not curious as me?"

"Probably not. She will arrive today as they say so we'll get to see her eventually" she simply says. Iris was still curious. Well of course, it's Iris, she is always curious about everything.

"Do you think she's a brunette? Or perhaps a red hea--" Before Iris could continue, Emily shushed her when Camila came. "Shhhh!! Camila's here" Iris quickly sat properly and faked a cough as she spoke again "So as I was saying, do you think blonde or red hair suits me?" She touches her hair as though she was trying to see if blonde and red looks good on her "I think blonde suits me. Why is it that I had to have Father's hair color. Quite unfair"

"Oh, trust me Iris, you look better as a brunette. Suits you more" says Camila before sitting beside Steffan, Iris looks at her as if she was asking if she is just playing with her or something "Truly. It suits you"

"But how is it that you get to have Mother's hair? Why not me? Or why not both of us"

"I don't know. Don't ask me, I didn't make you. Plus, if it is the other way around, you will be questioning us why out of the three of us, you're the only blonde one" Steffan let out a small chuckle and agreed "Anyway, Sloan and Paris will come over today and we will be out" Iris once again, started blabbering about a few things. Camila and Steffan were barely listening, while Emily being so sweet and nice, listens to every word the young girl says. Steffan looks over to his sister that was beside him. Once again studies her face, maybe thinking what does she feel right now or is she feeling all right "Steffan, I swear to god if you keep on looking at me as if I am some sort of a poor puppy who did not eat--"

"I was not!" He defended "It is just that...." he thinks of a good reason. Camila raised an eyebrow at him "I'm just thinking how...is it that I have a sister who is such a meanie" the younger girl looks at him with disbelief then smacks him "Aw! See?"

"Wrong. Stop looking at me. You're ugly"

"Wha-- see? See?"

"Oh shut up Steffan, you are being a child" says Iris as she threw a pillow on him "Anyway, moving on. About my birthday, we will celebrate it some place else but not that far away. I have spoken to Mother and Father about it, and yes. We will be renting a place, big enough for all of the people I will invite, fabulous enough to throw a party." Emily agrees on the idea of a masquerade ball for Iris's party since it was a rarely used themed party "Oh and Mother and Father also mentioned that we will also be staying there for a while. Only us of course, and my guess it includes the Wynter's. I believe it will also be a week of vacation? Something like that. So yes, right after my birthday party, we still will be staying there for a while."

"Nice, we better start packing then" says Emily. "Your birthday is in a week or two, is everything planned?" Iris gave her a thumbs up and says that she has already sent out the invitations "My god, then I have to go find a dress right away! What about you Camila?"

"Already have a dress in mind"

"Lucky. Steffan, you and I will go out later to buy a dress for Iris's birthday and of course a suit for you" Steffan groans and refuses, says he already has a suit "No. You shall go with me and we will be looking at clothings"