Chapter 23

A few days have past. Camila and Nicholas still meets. Neither of them told each other about what happened after that night after dinner. They've decided not to.

Although, they don't hide that much. It was simply just them going out, taking walks, spending their time under the willow tree, will sometimes eat outside too, Nicholas will sometimes even go to the Henderson's and they will spend their time at the garden. They were happy, still. But once they part, they knew as they enter those doors there will be someone eyeing them as though it was already a warning but they shrug it off. Camila did not want to go anywhere near her Father since that night. It was the very first time he laid a hand on her and damn how it hurts and left a bruise for a week..

Nicholas was on his way to enter their house but then felt a sudden pain as though something hit is jaw very hard. "You really don't get it do you?" Gabriel says. Nicholas was holding his jaw, damn that hurt. His lips were already bleeding "Did I not tell you to stay away from my wife?" Nicholas did not want to hit him back, not because he can't but he wouldn't. He wouldn't hit is older brother.

"And did I not tell you that I will not leave her alone unless she's the one who will tell me to do so" Gabriel punches him again "Gabriel, stop this."

"No, you stop this! You and I both know that this will not end well for you. You're just making yourself look like a fool. Camila will marry me and what about you? You will just sit and watch us kiss in our wedding, watch us legally be man and wife." He hates imagining that. The image of him watching the woman he loves getting married to a man who is not him, a man who happens to be his brother. He hates for that to happen. But he does have high hope that it will not happen. For some reason... he thinks that things will turn out good in the end, that this wasn't a phase for the both of them. No, It wasn't.

"You keep telling yourself that. But think about it...she will wed you, but she will not love you. At least not in the way you feel towards her." Gabriel clenches his Jaw and punches Nicholas once again. It was painful but Nicholas will still not hit him back. "I will not hit you back brother. If you really love her then you will understand her, You will not be selfish and keep her to yourself even though you very well know that she does not want you. Though that's really the question here, do you really love her?"

"Of course I do. Why else will I be willing to give her everything. I should be asking you that, do you have feelings for her, dear brother?" He laughs bitterly.

"You give her things because YOU THINK she likes it, but it's really just what you like. Hell, I bet most of you does not truly know what she really like, what she really wants." And then he enters inside. Gabriel spoke but he didn't listen but shuts the door closed. Helen came and asked what was happening, none of them answered. Nicholas just went straight to his room as he lays down on his bed and released a sigh.

None of them knows what will happen next. What will they do? Nicholas does thinks that everything will be okay, at least he tells him that everyday whenever he is having doubts. But he loves Camila very much and Camila loves him too. And if he's going to be honest, he's never met anyone like Camila. He's never felt this way before. Sure he's been in love but it wasn't the same feeling as this. As though the things he feels for Camila were very different, they were the good kind. He feels understood, the both of them did.  And they've reached the moment where they cannot even stand a day not seeing each other. But this is the problem they will be facing and he is not going to lie that he's been doubting some part of it because he has  think this through. But he pushes himself to believe that things will get better.

Camila is to be married with someone else,  which is not her choice but her Father's. It was settled and planned in the first place. That was the thing that was really going to happen, even before they met.