Chapter 11

Nicholas was on his way back to their house as he was holding a book on his hand, which he got from the library awhile ago.

The guard opened the gates for his as he enters. He walked his way inside the house and decided to go sit and read at their living room.

"Ah, Nicholas, Finally you're home" His mother says. "Your Father is at his study. He wants to talk to you" she says while fixing Nicholas's collar.

"Mother if this is about me having a part on our family busine--"

"It is not about that Nicholas, and even if it was you should consider it" Nicholas sighed. He just got home and they're already starting of with that topic again, which his answer will always remains the same. Why can't they just respect his decision just like how they do with Gabriel? Well maybe It was because most of Gabriel's decisions were the things they like and would one hundred percent agree to.

"Go on then"

Nicholas nods and walked his way up to the stairs to see his Father on his study room. He knocked two times before entering.

"You wanted to see me Father?" He asks. Clifford smiled once he saw him.

"Yes, have a sit my son" and so he does. "You know Michael Sullivan is, right? One of my old friends" he started. Nicholas just nods. "Well his daughter is actually planning on getting married. Maybe I could arrange a meeting for the two of you."

"Father, I thought we were through with this? Did I not spoke with you last time and made it clear?"

"I know, I know, but it was your mother's idea actually. She said that the girl seemed lovely and as you can see for Gabriel's relationship with Camila Henderson, it's going well. So you never know, right?"

"Father, I really do prefer getting married to I woman that I choose and will choose me as well. Not some sort of Arranged Marriage that you do for business purposes or some sort. There are plenty of time for me to meet someone. Please, I do not need for you and Mother to talk to old friends of yours and set me up with a woman that I clearly do not know and do not plan on getting to know if it means me getting married to her." He says calmy. Though he was really tired of it. "When are you going to respect my decision? If you and Mother can support and respect Gabriel's decisions in life then it is not that hard to do the same for me"

"But if you could just--"

"Do you want me happy?" He cuts him off but his Father does not reply so he repeats "Do you want me happy?"

"Yes, of course son, I do."

"Then please let me live my life the way I want. I do not want anyone trying to control it and line things up for me. Honestly, I feel chained up whenever you do that" he cleared his throat and spoke once more "I hope this will be the last time that we speak of this."

"I'm sorry, Nicholas" Clifford says as he looks into his son who was sitting in front of him. "I understand."

Nicholas nods once again and exited his way out of the room. And then Helen came inside who was standing outside the room since Nicholas entered inside. Not that she was listening, but waiting and hoping that her son agrees.

"So? How did it go?" She asks with a wide and hoping smile.

"You already know the answer Helen. I told you to let it go" Clifford answers, not looking at his wife. He knew what Nicholas's answer was going to be, but still pushed it anyways. He felt guilty.

His wife scoffs. "Nonsense. Maybe you did not speak to him properly."

"I'm pretty sure that our conversation is clear. Now, please let it go Helen."