Chapter 7

Camila was taking a walk, as she said. Loving the breeze and the bright skies. It was already 3:00pm though she has no plans of going back home yet, of course it was still too early and luckily nobody told her to go home early. But she will be back before dinner, maybe about five.

Camila wonders how she still does not get bored of taking a stroll in the same place and same streets. It was always the same yet she still enjoys it. It was maybe because most of the people were nice and there were so much to do.

"Hello Camila, where you heading?" A middle aged woman said with a smile.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Morris. Just out for an afternoon stroll" she smiled sweetly. Mrs. Morris was a baker-she owns a bake shop a few blocks away from the Hendersons which Camila and her friends used to go to when they were kids. They were always there first thing in the morning buying muffins and breads. Paris will always have whipped cream and crumbs all over his face and Camila and Sloan will be laughing at him and Mrs. Morris will always say "Oh Paris, please wipe your face" and hand him a tissue. Paris would always compliment her to get a free muffin. "You seem to be going somewhere?"

"Ah yes, I am off to deliver a few cakes to the Philips" Camila offered her help, said she'll carry the box for her and walk her to the Philip's mansion but the woman insisted and thanked her, saying it wasn't heavy. "Thank you, child, but I've got it." She said once more.

Camila nod her head and told the woman to have a great day and then she continued on walking.

"And what would this lovely lady be doing at this afternoon taking a walk?" She heard a male voice. She turned her head to the right and saw Nicholas sitting on a bench.

"Nicholas" she greeted.

"Camila" he greeted back and flashed a smile. "How have you been?"

"All is good"

"I just came back this morning from a little stroll around London" he stated "I figured since I am here at London and have not much to do, then I thought of exploring it"

"And how was it?" Camila sat beside him.

"Great as always. I happened to buy a kids book of Romeo and Juliet" Camila laughed, asking why would he buy such thing "I honestly don't know, but I saw it and instantly bought it."

He raised a small book that he was holding and showed it to the blonde girl beside him. Camila laughed once she saw pictures inside, it obviously was for kids indeed.

"Were you having an afternoon stroll?" Camila nod. "Shouldn't you be back at your house? We will be coming over later for dinner"

"And so they've mentioned. Its still a bit early. I still have three hours to enjoy the outdoors so—walk with me?" She offered and stood up. Nicholas gladly said yes and walked with her as they talked about a few thing.

"Mind if I ask, why do I always see you all by yourself? I assume you have friends, plenty in my guess."

"Yes, of course I do. It is just most of the time you see me, I happened to be by myself" she chuckled. Nicholas teased her by saying it's alright to make excuses for the both of them are friends. "Oh stop it, I have friends—I'll let you meet them soon."

"Lovely. I know no one from here except the Hendersons and the guy from the library, uh—Mr. Brown. Yes"

"Now who's the one who doesn't have friends?" She fired back. Nicholas defended himself by saying he has tons of friends from different places. More plenty than hers, he says. And was too many to count. After a few minutes of teasing, Nicholas talked about something else.