Chapter 99

2042

Aaliyah and James have been together for six years now, both of them twenty-one years old. They were both still very young but they were very in love and James was ready to take the next step in their relationship, to marry her. Aaliyah was in meetings all day, so James took this opportunity to pay the Stans a visit.

Willow opened the door and wasn't surprised to see James standing there. He would occasionally visit them, even if Aaliyah wasn't home, they really were his second family. She was surprised to see him looking so nervous though. "Hi James!"

"Hi. Um I was wondering if I could talk to you. Are Thena and Seb home?"

"Yeah they're watching a movie. Why don't you go join them. I was just on my way to get some snacks so I'll be right there." James nodded as he made his way to the living room.

Sebastian and Athena both turned around when they heard James. "Hey J what are you doing here?" Athena asked as she went over to greet him.

"There was something I wanted to talk to you all about," James said nervously.

Willow came into the living room with snacks and sat next to her husband. "So James what is it that you wanted to talk about it," she smiled, already suspecting what this conversation would be about.

"As you all know, Aaliyah and I have been together for six years now. I know we are still young but I love her very much," he paused as he pulled a small box out of his pocket. "So I was hoping that I could have your blessing in asking her to marry me."

"Oh my gosh," Willow said with tears in her eyes. She walked over to James and wrapped him in a hug. "Of course you have my blessing."

Athena walked up to him and hugged him, "I can't wait for you to officially be my brother!"

Sebastian had tears in his eyes but stayed silent. Willow approached him, "Sweetheart are you okay?"

"Yeah sorry," he cleared his throat. "It's just that Aaliyah is my baby. She means everything to me, both my girls do," he looked up at James, "Just promise me you'll take care of my little girl."

"I promise. I love her dearly and want nothing more than to make her happy."

"Okay then. You have my blessing," Sebastian said as he hugged James.

Aaliyah and James' favorite thing to do was just watch movie togethers. Aaliyah grew up around actors so films always fascinated her. Of course they went out on dates and went to amazing places together but they would always much rather have a chill night in. He knew that when he proposed, she'd want it to not be made into a big deal.

They were on her bed together watching one of their favorite movies. Aaliyah was laying on James' chest and he was running his hand up and down her back. She was so happy laying there with him watching the movie that she didn't even notice him staring at her. This was his chance.

He carefully reached into his pocket, trying not to move her. He set it down next to him where she couldn't see it. "Lia?" she looked up at him and saw his nervous expression.

"Is everything okay?"

"Perfect," he smiled, grabbing her hands. "These past six years with you have been perfect. Each moment I spend with you just reminds me of how amazing you are. You have shown me what it is like to be deeply and profoundly loved and I just hope you will allow me to spend the rest of my life showing you the same. Aaliyah you are the love of my life so will you do me the honors of marrying me?" he reached over and grabbed the box, opening it to show a beautiful diamond ring.