Chapter 53

September 2022

Willow and Sebastian were woken up by the sound of a crying one year old. A groan left Willow's lips causing Sebastian to chuckle. "I got her," he said as he got out of bed and walked out of their room. A few minutes passed when Sebastian walked back in carrying a wide awake Aaliyah. He slipped back into bed, placing Aaliyah in between them.

"Good morning baby," Willow said placing a kiss on her daughter's head, earning a giggle from Aaliyah. She leaned up to kiss Sebastian, "Good morning sweetheart. Any plans for today?"

"I don't have anything, do you?"

"Nope. I have absolutely no work."

"How about we just stay in today? Just spend the day as a family?"

She smiled at his suggestion, "That sounds perfect. What do you think Lia?" Willow asked as she began to lightly tickle Aaliyah, making the little girl let out loud giggles.

They stayed in bed a while longer before deciding to get up to make breakfast. Both adults got dressed and ready for the day and went their separate ways. Sebastian took Aaliyah back to her room to give her a quick bath and get her dressed while Willow went to the kitchen to get started on breakfast. Chocolate chip waffles were one of their favorite breakfasts so that's what she decided to make, also cutting up some fruit and making coffee for her and Sebastian.

Once Aaliyah and Sebastian came down, Sebastian sat her in her high chair while he worked on setting the table and Willow finished up the last of the waffles. Aaliyah was so excited to see that they were having waffles for breakfast. There was truly no cuter sight than seeing the little girl with chocolate covering her face and hands.

A tradition they had every morning was to play Disney music for Aaliyah while they cleaned up after breakfast and she loved it. Willow loved Disney and wanted her daughter to love it just as much. Willow really didn't like Aaliyah watching television all day but she made the exception for their daily Disney movie. They would watch an animated Disney movie together everyday and both girls truly loved it.

Aaliyah's current favorite was Tangled so when I See the Light started playing, a little squeal escaped her lips. Willow started singing along causing both Sebastian and Aaliyah to smile at her.

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

Willow was caught by surprise when she was pulled into Sebastian's arms. She turned around to face him and stood on her tip toes to kiss him. She continued to sing as he began to sway them and dance around the kitchen.

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

Aaliyah giggled as Sebastian picked her up and held her and Willow in his arms. He continued to dance around the kitchen with both girls in his arms. When he started singing along, Willow felt her heart about to burst through her chest.

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

Aaliyah kept on giggling as her parents continued to dance with her. Sebastian smiled down at Willow and Aaliyah, loving the little moments they all spent together like this.

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you
Now that I see you

It was such a simple moment but was now one of Willow's favorite that they've had as a family.

Eventually they made their way to the living room to watch their daily Disney movie. Aaliyah ended up falling asleep in Sebastian's arms so they ended up putting on a movie that wasn't aimed for children. Once he knew she was fully asleep, Sebastian stood up and placed Aaliyah down in her playpen. He walked back to the couch and pulled Willow off of it and laid down. Once he was comfortable, he pulled Willow by her hand and she took it as her sign to lay in front of him. Once she was settled in, he wrapped his arm around her waist and pressed play on the movie.

Willow was so focused on the movie until she felt Sebastian's eyes on her. She turned her head to him, "What?" she asked though a giggle.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

Instead of saying anything, she turned her whole body to face him and connected her lips to his. The kiss was filled with so much love for each other. His arms tightened around her body as her hands wrapped around his neck. "I love you Sebastian. Forever," she whispered to him.

"I love you too Willow. Forever," he said before reattaching his lips to her's.

This was their definition of a perfect day and they couldn't wait to have more days like this.