Chapter 63

July 2023

Willow was so excited to be going to Disneyland. The last time she went was in Paris so she couldn't wait to be going with her husband and daughter. Robert being Robert went all out, renting a private jet and a large suite at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.

They had four days at the park with a private tour guide so they were really going to try to do everything. They started their trip off in Disneyland going to all the rides and shows in Adventureland, Frontierland, Critter County, and New Orleans Square. Willow's absolute favorite ride was Pirates of the Caribbean so she was extremely happy and surprised that Aaliyah wasn't scared when she got on.

The next day was spent exploring Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Aaliyah absolutely adored Fantasyland, recognizing all the characters from the movies she had watched with her mom. Her current favorite was Aladdin, so she was so star struck when she saw him and Jasmine standing around taking pictures with fans. When it was her turn to take a picture with them she was so happy and fascinated that they were there with her in person.

The next two days were going to be spent in Disney California Adventure. They spent the first day going around Grizzly Peak, Paradise Garden Park, and Pixar Pier. This park was a lot smaller so they had time to go relax in the hotel and spend time by the pool. They even did some shopping in Downtown Disney. It was no surprise that Robert and Susan bought everything that Aaliyah had showed any interest in. Indio even bought her a few things she asked for.

Their last day at the park was the one they were all looking forward to the most. They would be going to Hollywood Land, Cars Land, and of course Avengers Campus. None of them had gotten the chance to visit the new Avengers themed land yet and they were all so excited. They were going to ride every ride, watch every show, meet every character, and eat every food the land had to offer. Sadly Aaliyah was too small to go onto the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, so Susan offered to stay out with her. The rest of them had gotten on the ride when it first opened in the park but they still had so much fun.

The only other ride was Web Slingers and to say Aaliyah was excited was an understatement. When she saw Tom Holland show up as Peter Parker in the introduction video, her face lit up. She excitedly called out to him and waved at the screen in front of them. She looked confused and a little sad when she got no wave back from him. She quickly got over it when she got on the ride. It was so fun and they were all so proud of Tom for how great he did on the videos for it.

There were four shows in the land including a performance by the Dora Milaje, a Guardians of the Galaxy Dance Off, a show in front of Dr. Strange's Sanctum, and one on top of the Avenger's Headquarters. All of them were so well done and they all greatly enjoyed them. There were a few places to get food and drinks and they got as much as they could. Everything was so delicious and very aesthetically pleasing.

The last thing they had to do was meet a few of the characters. Robert and Sebastian had already been spotted a few times by fans and asked to take pictures but they were really looking forward to taking pictures with their own characters and even some of their friend's characters. Aaliyah had watched all the Marvel movies, even though she was a little young for some of the violence and probably had no clue what was going on. They really wanted her to know from an early age how important all these movies were to their family. She was so overjoyed seeing Spider-Man, Loki, Thor, Captain America, Falcon, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye. But when she saw Iron Man and Winter Soldier, she was beaming. She pulled her dad and grandpa towards the characters and bragged as best as she could with her limited vocabulary that she knew the real Iron Man and Winter Solider. The men dressed up as the two characters tried their best to hide their excitement about seeing Robert and Sebastian but as quietly as possible asked to get their picture taken with them. They were both happy to do it and even thanked them for doing a good job portraying their characters for the fans.