Chapter 78

November 2025

"Happy birthday Thena!" Aaliyah said as soon as Willow walked into the kitchen holding the birthday girl. It was Athena's first birthday and Aaliyah was more excited than anybody. Aaliyah jumped down from her seat at the breakfast table and ran to greet her sister. Sebastian stood up to pick her up so she can give her a kiss on the head. "I love you Thena!"

Willow and Sebastian wanted to throw a small party but of course Robert was having none of it. It was going to be as big as Aaliyah's first birthday was but now they were going to be able to throw it at their own house. Robert and Susan insisted on planning it for them since Willow had been so busy with work in the past months. Aaliyah begged her grandparents to let her help plan so most of the ideas were hers.

Willow and Sebastian had no idea what to expect from the party. All they knew was that Aaliyah picked everything, so they couldn't wait to see what she helped plan. Robert had them take Athena out while they had everything set up so that it could be a complete surprise. Because it was November, it was way too cold to have a party outside so they were going to be having it in the living room. When they walked back into their house, they were very surprised.

Their living room was covered in Spider-Man decorations. "Oh my god," Sebastian gasped as he took a look around their house. Willow was amused as she looked around at all the decorations. Robert and Susan were trying to keep their laughs in while Aaliyah looked so proud of her work.

"Do you like it?" Aaliyah looked up at her parents hopeful that they liked what she put together.

"It's wonderful Lia. Thank you so much for doing all this for your sister," Willow said causing Aaliyah to cheer before running up to her room to get changed.

"So what do you guys really think?" Robert asked through his laugh.

"Well I know that Aaliyah is absolutely obsessed with Spider-Man and watches them with Athena all the time so I don't know why I'm surprised," Willow chuckled.

"I mean, the girls do love Spider-Man but now I'm not gonna hear the end of it from Tom and Mackie," Sebastian sighed.

Their guests began to arrive and everyone had the same shocked reaction. Everyone that was there was also at Aaliyah's first birthday and the vibes were so different, everyone expected them to be similar. Aaliyah's was a beautiful backyard pool party and Athena's was a full on Spider-Man themed party.

As soon as Tom Holland and Zendaya walked into the house their eyes went wide with awe. "Uncle Tommy! Aunty Z!" They looked ahead to see Aaliyah running towards them. She jumped into Tom's arms and he picked her up and held her tight.

"Lia! I've missed you love," he smiled as he adjusted her onto his hip.

"Do you like the party?" she asked excitedly. "I planned it with grandpa and grandma!"

"This is the best party I've ever been to!" Tom said.

"I love it!" Zendaya said.

She giggled, "Let's go see Thena!"

Still in his arms, she led him to where her family was. He saw Sebastian carrying Athena as he was talking with Willow and Elizabeth. "Happy birthday Athena!" he said as he got closer.

Athena looked up and shyly smiled at him, he placed a gentle kiss to her cheek before greeting the other adults. "Nice party guys," he smirked.

Before any of them could reply they heard a loud familiar cackle come from the front door. They all knew exactly who it was and they were ready for the teasing.

Anthony found his way to his friend's quickly. "Why the hell did you guys throw a Sp-"

Before he could say anything that could upset the four year old, Willow interrupted. "Aaliyah insisted on planning her sister's first birthday. And she did incredible, didn't she Anthony," Willow said.

"Oh uh yeah of course! I know how much the girls love Spider-Man so its perfect," he smiled before turning to his goddaughter who was still in Tom's arms. "Hi Lia! This is a great party," he took her from Tom's arms. "I missed you!"

"Missed you too!" she kissed his cheek before jumping out of his arms and running towards all the other kids.

They continued joking about the party but it really was a great party. Robert and Susan of course did an incredible job at bringing Aaliyah's vision to life.

Athena was generally shy so Willow and Sebastian were pleased to see that she was letting everyone hold her and smother her with love. She did have moments when she'd get overwhelmed but she would simply look for her sister, parents, grandparents, or godparents and they would go save her.

The party was truly a success and everyone ended up having a fantastic time celebrating the sweet one year old.

***

Sebastian Stan posted a photo

imsebastianstan happy first birthday angeltagged: @willowdowney

tagged: @willowdowney

tomholland2013 never thought I'd go to a Spider-Man themed party at the Stan house
username A SPIDER-MAN PARTY??
imsebastianstan Aaliyah loves Spider-Man and insisted on planning the party
anthonymackie I DIED

***

Willow Downey posted a photo

willowdowney my baby is one!tagged: @imsebastianstan

tagged: @imsebastianstan

twhiddleston I love her so much
username Tom as a godfather is my favorite thing