Chapter 98

2041

Twenty year old Aaliyah had been modeling for about sixteen years now. She started off by going on fun little photoshoots with her mom. Then at age thirteen she got asked to do some work for some youth fashion lines. Her mom's only condition was that she be able to be the one photographing her. She did not feel comfortable having someone photograph her underage daughter. Once Aaliyah turned eighteen, Willow let her work with other photographers, but she still preferred to have someone join her. Whether it be herself, Sebastian, or James.

She was fairly successful. She had been in a few magazines and had been the face of a few brands. She knew this was what she wanted to do with her life. She loved modeling and she couldn't really imagine doing anything else. She was waiting for her chance to be on one of the big magazines though. It was a goal of hers to make it on the cover of Vogue. She was lucky to get so many great opportunities with other magazine and brands. She knew some of it had to do with her last name and who her family was but she knew she was talented. She knew if she worked hard enough, she could achieve her goal.

She had the same agent as her dad and he was absolutely incredible. Every time he would call her, she would just be so excited. She didn't think she could be anymore excited with a phone call from him. She had finally received the news she had always hoped for.

"Mom! Dad!" she screamed running down the stairs. "Mom! Dad!" she screamed again once she found them in the kitchen.

"What happened?"

"Are you okay?"

"I've never been better! Guess what magazine wants me to be on the cover?"

"Oh my god. Please tell me it's what I think it is," Willow smiled brightly.

"I'm going to be on the cover of Vogue!"

"Sweetheart that's amazing!" Sebastian brought her into a hug.

"We are so proud of you Lia!"

"Thank you guys. I couldn't have done it without you," she smiled at them.

"So which edition of Vogue are you doing? Do we have to travel somewhere?"

"They want me to do Vogue Hong Kong. And I want you all to come with me!"

"This is so exciting! I'll go book our flights now. I'm assuming James will be joining us too?" Willow asked. Aaliyah nodded.

The Stan family plus James were finally in Hong Kong. Sadly only one of them was allowed to join her on set so she asked Willow to go with her since she would be able to give her notes on how everything looked.

The day was exhausting. They had a variety of looks they wanted to do with her and it took pretty much the whole day. By the time they got back to their hotel, Aaliyah knocked out.

The next day she was going be interviewed for her spread. This time no one was allowed to go in the room with her. Aaliyah kind of preferred it that way. It would be a lot easier for her to answer questions without her family breathing down her neck.

"Hi Aaliyah welcome! It is a pleasure to have you here," the interviewer greeted her.

"It is an absolute honor to be here. This is literally a dream come true for me."

"Well I'm glad to hear it. I have a lot of questions for you so I'll just go ahead and get started. What made you want to start modeling?"

"My mother. In case you don't know, my mother is a professional photographer in the fashion and movie world. She's always loved photographing her friends and family too. You should really see the amount of frames and albums we have around the house. When I was around four years old, she took me on my very first photoshoot. I don't remember much of it but I do remember loving being in front of the camera. Since that day, she was always taking pictures of me everywhere I went. Eventually she started helping me book different jobs and I kind of just grew from there. I really owe it all to my beautiful mother."