Chapter 47: The Strange Shaman (2)

Start from the beginning

Max was shocked. He had tricked the shaman into fighting at a slow pace and had enhanced his body with Ki to dash towards the shaman. However, the shaman has great fighting instincts which allowed him to dodge the brunt of the attack. The shaman almost got decapitated.

The blood from the cheek drained from the shaman's cheek and he smiled.

"You're going to regret that soon." The shaman said with an evil smile.

The man started to laugh.

"You lost at speed. You'll die soon enough." the muscular man said with a smile.

The shaman continued pushing the man. But this time it was different. The movements of the shaman were erratic. The muscular man kept changing his speed, sometimes going slow and sometimes charging in at great speeds, however, the shaman moved in a calculated manner that could not be seen from the other man's point of view.

Attacks were exchanged and in a few minutes, blood was splattered all around the battlefield. The man was bleeding from his arms and legs with several cuts all over his body while the shaman had a massive gash on his chest which was bleeding like a waterfall.

"HAHAHAH You are losing! What will you do now?" The muscular man mocked as he raised his sword.

"Calm down. I'm about to show you..." The shaman said as he stabbed the ground with his spear. Right now, the spear was covered with blood from both the man and the shaman.

Almost immediately as he slammed the spear on the ground, he casted a spell which created a small shield, similar to before, and what happened after froze everyone watching in fear.

The spear started to glow right red and almost instantly, a huge bright red magic circle appeared on the ground, covering the entire battleground.

"I don't usually use this, but I think you should see the results of your hard work." the shaman said.

Just then, the bright red spear started to pulse and all the blood that splattered across the ground started to glow. It was then both Max and the hooded men saw it. The blood that splattered across the entire field resembled an entire magic circle...

"So that's why it felt weird to watch him fight... He wasn't fighting properly but just baiting the man to create the magic circle." Max said in awe. The shaman was a genius! Not only was he strong, he was smart and extremely versatile.

Seeing the giant circle, the muscular man screamed in fear.

"Everyone get out of the circle right now!" He shouted.

"Too late. I told you that you would regret it. Now just sit and watch." the shaman said.

Almost immediately after, all the blood started to flow towards the spear. The spear was now bright red and releasing a strange aura. However, almost as if the spell was cancelled, the spear melted and was reduced to a small pool of blood...

"Was that all?" Max thought.

Just then, the small pool of blood started to expand, and it did not stop. The small puddle slowly became a tiny pool and after that it became bigger and bigger. Eventually it covered a huge area creating an entire lake of blood. All the hooded men were now within the area of the pool of blood.

"I present. The blood field." The shaman said with pride.

Just as he said that, the lake of blood started to bubble. Several geysers of blood started to erupt from the ground and soon, the blood geysers turned into massive tornadoes. Several men started to get dragged into the tornado and they were never to be seen again...