Chapter 50 - 5 years later. [Part 2.] **FINALE**

Start from the beginning

"Cierra, we're in the city now!" I cheered.

But she didn't respond. My smile grew into a look of worry as I shook her shoulder a little bit. Still no response. I started tapping her really hard, and my tapping was only answered by silence. I placed my hand on the side of her neck to look for a pulse, and I didn't feel any. I started panting hard and hyperventilating, when I let out a large wail. Everyone inside of the helicopter turned my way when they seen me freaking out.

"What's going on?" Jacob asked.

"She's not moving!" I screamed. "Adrianne, do you have your lantern?"

"No. I left it on the beach!" Adrianne said in a worried tone.

But before I could panic all of the way, we were at touchdown. We'd landed on the runway of the airport in Miami, where a large group of people were waiting. Me and Adrianne tried giving Cierra a few ches compressions, but nothing worked. Jacob tried giving her CPR as well, but that didn't help either. Suddenly, her body went from warm, to ice cold in an instant.

I was so disraught, that I had to be tugged out of the plane by the other man who was flying in the other helicopter. I was kicking, screaming, waving my hands everywhere, and more. Nobody understood why I was going crazy, but they did. Nobody understood why I was acting like a lunatic, but they did. I'd truly lost a good friend, and I couldn't believe that she was gone. She'd been with me through thick and thin, and I lost her in a blink of an eye. The worst part is, she was so close to being rescued and saved, and she didn't make it. I was hurt. I was sick. I was losing my mind.

Everyone in the plane tried to follow me, when the security guard suggested that everyone stayed inside for a minute. Meanwhile, EMS came and placed Cierra's body onto a stretcher, and wheeled her away as everyone in the crowd looked at her in shock. Inside of the planes, everyone was looking outside of the windows in awh. We hadn't seen so many different faces, so many buildings, and so many cars in so long. All we seen were people filming, snapping photos through their new iphones, and more. The security guards cleared the way, then rushed the rest out of the plane before the paparazzi could parade us.

"And here we have it, folks. The survivors of Flight 89, right here, right now." A newslady said from far away.

"How does it feel to be back home?" One lady asked the rest as she shoved a microphone in front of their face.

"Were there any other people who died on that plane?" A man asked, shoving another microphone in their face.

"Back! Clear the way! Clear the way!" The security guard in front of them yelled as he shoved a bunch of reporters out of everyones faces.

Even walking on the cement felt funny. For 5 years, me and the rest of the people on the island walked on nothing but muddy grass, sand, dirt, etc. Our feet were used to feeling things that were soft. Now, the cement that we stepped on felt like hard bricks. It was a little painful to adjust to, but that didn't matter. Everyone continued to walk inside of the airport, when they seen their family members. This moment, was filled with greatness the instant they hit the room.

Jacob seen his grandparents, and crashed into them with baby Matthew in his arms. Lilyana and Gia trailed behind him as well. Janyra seen her parents and flew to their arms as well. Rayan seen his mother, and she tackled him to the ground before he could even think about hugging her. Nina was wailing in her mother and fathers arms like a little baby, which I found cute. But Adrianne, Adrianne was less than happy to see her mother. All she could think about was her being thrown out after she found out about Lilyana. Her mother reached her arms out for a hug, and Adrianne stepped back. Adrianne let out a little laugh, then looked over at Jacob and her children. She smiled at them, then looked back at her mother in disgust.