Chapter 35 - Unrecognizable.

By the start of 871, we found ourselves burying another hole to place another body. But this one, was the most damning. After Jaelyn passed, we still had another resource. We still had a grand plan. We had a person who helped us out, got us our medication, food, shelter, etc. Now that Kimberly was no longer here, we no longer had any guidance. We could no longer go to anyone and say "Hey! Can we get this and this to save this person from dying from that, or getting a disease from that, or bleeding out from that."

Even though we were on an island full of people, we were officially alone. With Jaelyn and Kimberly gone, we had to figure out our own way around the beach. I glanced around and looked for the next possible resource, (which I felt might've been Cici.) but I could find no one who met my standards.

"R.I.P Kimberly.....you will be missed.." Rayan sighed as we stood around her grave. He kneeled down, and placed a long stick over her grave. Our indication, that we lost another soldier.

Something weird that I always thought about, was what everyone would do if I winded up under there. What would happen and how people would  react. However, I knew that it would be bland. The only close friend I had on the island was Cierra, so it would probably be an unemotional one.

At the end of day 871, Rayan and Jacob sat on top of the cliff and stared off at the city. Both of them were in their own thoughts, trying to figure out how they we were going to survive. Kimberly carried us the whole way, and Rayan was starting to think that it was a signal that god was sending us to tell us to do it by ourselves, and make it on our own. Jacob looked over at Rayan, and even though Rayan could tell that Jacob was looking at him from his side vision, he managed to keep his stare at the city lights.

"Don't worry, Rayan. Everythings gonna be alright." Jacob sighed as he looked at him. "All we have to do is continue hunt-"

"No it isn't." Rayan said, immediately cutting him off. Jacob's cheerful mood, soon turn into a confused one.

"What...what do you mean?"

"Everything isn't going to be alright Jacob, and you know it." Rayan said as he shook his head. "Stop trying to sugar coat the obvious."

"Damn, Rayan. I'm just trying to give us sort of confidence because of what happened over the next few days." Jacob snarled as he shook his head, and looked back at the city.

"When Jaelyn was dying, I told her everything was going to be alright. When Gabi died, Nina told her she was going to be alright. When Kimberly was dying, me, Cici, and Adrianne told her that she was going to be alright. When Craig found out that his mother died what did we tell him? Everything was going to be alright, right? And what happened to them?" Rayan asked as he looked at Jacob. "Everything isn't alright, and it's not going to be alright. That phrase is worthless, now."

"We're not going to die, Rayan. We're fighters. We're warriors."

"You don't know that. I'm pretty sure that everyone who came to this island didn't think that they were going to die. As Craig said, you have no clue what God has planned for you. I'm pretty sure that Craig wasn't planning on committing suicide." Rayan said lowly. "You just make sure that you and your little girls stay safe. I would hate for you to lose them."

"If I lost Gia or Lilyana, i'd be the first one flying down that cliff." Jacob said as he shook his head, and glanced over the hill. "Hell, that goes for Adrianne too."

"You're lucky. You have a family, now." Rayan nodded. Jacob looked at Rayan, then thought for a minute about what he was about to ask.

"Is there anything you want me to know? Just in case y'know, you do die?" Jacob asked as he looked at Rayan. "This way, I won't wonder just in case one of us winds up next to Kimberly a few feet under?"