Chapter 46 - Admission.

Once I got done putting Chresanto to sleep for good, Jacob grabbed the shovel, and started digging a hole for his burial. When it was deep enough, we all grabbed him and placed him inside softly, then put his hands on top of his chest. We used the sand on the side to cover him up, then we all said a long and deep prayer for him. When it was all set in done, we placed 2 sticks over his gravesite instead of one. It indicated, that he was a warrior.

"Everyone, listen to me." Jacob said in a grim tone. "I do not want anyone to kill that man, yet."

"What?" Rayan snapped. "After all of that shit he put you, through? Hell no! He dies now!"

"And thats why it should be my choice on how he dies!" Jacob shouted as he looked at Rayan. "He's going to die no matter what. All I want to do, is wait for the right moment."

Then, we seen the twins along with their father walk onto the beach. They didn't hear the conversation that we had before.

"He's gone, huh?" The father said in a fake sad tone. We all looked at him, then walked away into the woods. Everyone, except for Jacob.

"Yeah.....he's gone.." Jacob said as he looked down at the newborn grave.

"I'm sorry to hear that." The father lied.

"Hey, if Chresanto was murdered in any sort of way, what would you do to the person responsible?" Jacob asked as he looked at him.

"Oh if that was my best friend, i'd be going nuts." The father said as he shook his head. "I'd take a knife, stab that person in the back, and twist it all around in his system so he can feel what real wrath feels like. That's just me.."

"Right.." Jacob nodded. "You're absolutely right.."

During the whole day of 1,245, Jacob did nothing but thought to himself as he sat next to Chresanto's graveside. He was thinking of all types of ways to kill the father and Jaden, but he was thinking of ways that he could do it without him dying easily. He wanted him to die a slow and extremely painful death, but he couldn't think of anything that came to mind.

What he also realized, is that he was wrong about Adrianne lying. He knew that he had to apologize to her, so he walked in the woods and started looking for her. Suddenly, she brushed past him with a bunch of fruit in her hand. Gia and Lilyana were under Rayan's watch for the night.

"Adrianne-"

"Don't you touch me, Jacob." Adrianne demanded as she paced through the woods with Jacob trailing behind her. "Don't fucking touch me!"

"Adrianne i'm sorry! I just thought that you were lying again-"

"Oh. So it took for Chresanto's last dying words in order for you to believe me?" Adrianne shouted as she sharply turned his way. "Why would I lie about being raped, Jacob? Why!?"

"I thought that you were lying because you lied about Rayan!" Jacob said loudly to her.

"Oh. Haha. Well, the one time I needed you to be an actual "protector", you failed me. So now, we can keep our distances. Don't come anywhere near me, Jacob." Adrianne smiled as she stormed off.

Jacob was flooded with guilt. He couldn't believe that he believed a man that he barely knew, over a girl that he'd known for 4 years and counting. He realized that it was entirely too late to apologize.

Another person that he had to apologize to, was Rayan.

Jacob let Adrianne go free, and he decided that he would deal with her later. But for now, all he wanted to do was make amends with Rayan. He was the only male friend he had left on the island, and he hadn't talked to him in over 6 months. He realized that he was wrong, and that he had to be a man and say sorry. He walked to the end of the beach, and seen Rayan building his boat. He was halfway done with it, and he was making good progress from working on his own. Jacob stepped aside to him as Rayan looked up at him, and went right back to working as if he wasn't even there.