Chapter 2 - Drive by's and Rock-a-Bye's.

It was Day 2, and it already felt like my body was going to give up on me. I hadn't ate in 24 hours, and I hadn't had anything to drink in 24 hours. I woke up and looked at the gash on my side, and it stopped bleeding. Still a little sore, I rolled over in my sand and seen everyone sitting around the plane fire with sticks. By the way everyone else was acting, I felt that I was over exaggerating with my hunger a little.

"Come on over! We have snails!" One girl cheered.

I didn't understand what she was saying, but I slowly stood up and walked over towards the small plane fire. I sat in the middle of the circle and looked around, and one of the girls had about 30 small snails in her lap. I glanced at everyone else, and they were putting the snails on their sticks, cooking it in the fire, and crunching on whatever meat that they could find inside of it. She handed me a stick with 3 snails, and I didn't hesitate to take it. I thanked her, placed a snail on my stick, and let it cook inside of the fire while we sat awkwardly around each other.

"I wonder how are parent's are reacting.." One girl said in a baby and cowardly voice.

"My mom's probably flipping the fuck out." Another girl said. This girl, didn't sound scared at all.

For 5 minutes, we all sat around in awkward stance as we cooked the last of our snails, and crunched through the meat inside. When we all got finished, we knew that that was the last thing we were going to eat for that day. I found myself thirstier than ever. And glancing at that water only made me wanna drink it. However, I couldn't. If I did, it would only get worse.

And for what I thought was going to be a silent night, somebody spoke again.

"So why don't we tell each other about ourselves?" The girl with the shell's cheered. "We're obviously going to be around each other for a while."

Still, nobody spoke. Nobody was in the mood to speak. We were tired, hungry, and exhausted. However, she didn't want to stop talking.

"Well, i'm Jaelyn!" The girl continued. "I'm 17, i'm a senior obviously, and I work at Starbucks. I'm trying to become a pediatrician when I get older. I'm a very nice person! Heh heh."

But that was a lie. A total lie. Jaelyn, was the total opposite of what she said that she was.

"Shoot him!" Jaelyn shouted as she shot outside the car.

Jaelyn's mother and father were both in jail serving life sentences for exporting over 2,000 pounds of Cocaine, drugs, and weed across the border. They'd been doing it for years, and they were caught when she was 4, and her older brother was 7. Now 17 and 21, she moved out of her grandmothers house and in with her brother to help him sell more drugs. 20 days before they landed on this island, her and her brother Jordan was performing a drive-by on a person who had attempted to steal their drugs during a sell. Their drug dealer was driving at night, while Jaelyn and her brother hung out the window and shot at the person who was running. However, they were missing badly.

"Fuck, Jordan!" Jaelyn shouted as she leaned back inside of the car.

"What?" He yelled angrily as he continued to shoot.

"I'm running out of Ammo!"

"Here I only have one left!" Jordan shouted as he tossed her the gun. "Shoot! And shoot good!"

Jaelyn aimed at the moving man, and shot one last shot. She opened her eyes, and the man was down. The driver pulled over to the side of the road, jumped out an got their drugs, and pulled off. Almost as if they didn't do anything.

Learning how to get away with murder from their parents, they were never caught. And at first glance, you could never tell that she'd done any of these things.

"What about you?" Jaelyn smiled as she pointed to the teenager with the baby. "What are you about?"

The teenager who'd lost her baby in the crash, didn't talk. She was so shaken up that she hadn't eaten anything. All she was worried about, was her child. She knew that she wasn't going to see her baby again, but it was just now registering and soaking in. Everyone knew why she was that way of course, so they didn't expect her to talk.

"I'm sorry about your loss." One of the girls said to her as she placed her head on her knee's.

"My name is Adriana, and i'm.......17 also.." She said in a weak tone. "I work at Starbucks and i'm a straight A student."

Another lie. And only when I thought back on our first meeting, is when I realized how much these people were liars. However, I was no different.

"I want a baby and you're not gonna stop me!" Adriana shouted at her mother.

"You don't know how stupid you sound, Adriana!" Her mother yelled as she stood up and inched near her face. "Hell, you can't even keep up your grades! How the hell are you gonna take care of a baby?"

"You know what, you're such a bitch mom." Adriana growled as she put on her coat, and made her way towards the door.

"And where are you going?"

"Over Joshua's! That way I can have my baby!"

"If you get pregnant, don't even bother coming back to this house!" Her mother demanded. "You're on your own!"

Still, Adriana didn't care. She'd been wanting to have a baby since the 10th grade. She didn't care what her mother thought and she wasn't going to stop her. She snuck over her boyfriends house in the middle of the night, and had unprotected sex with him.

A month later, she found out that she was pregnant. However, she didn't tell her mom until her stomach became noticably visable. The minute her mother found out, she threw her out of the house and demanded that she get support from Joshua. However, her boyfriend was not about to part in. He cut off all contact with her, and told his mother that she was a crazy female.

Adriana had her baby, and did one of the most difficult tasks that other women her age didn't do. She raised her daughter lilyana, on her own. And she did all of that, only to lose her in a plane crash.

"Again, i'm sorry for your baby." I said, trying to comfort her.

"She was the most gorgeous baby. A baby that was prettier than any of your children will ever be." Adriana joked as everyone laughed around the plane, then looked back my way. "What about you, huh? I seen you with your friend. What are you about?"

And after listening to their stories, I realized that I had something in common with them. None of us, were innocent.