Chapter 31 - Right By My Side.

On day 495, Adrianne went about her day as if she didn't do a thing. I woke up and seen Craig with the mini lantern in his hand. He walked out onto the middle of the beach, and broke the lantern with his foot as he sat down, and began doing something that struck us at odd. He had my phone in his hand as he snatched off the bottom of the lantern, and took out three mini wires that connected to the light bulb.

"What are you doing?" Khamil asked as we looked at him in a weird way.

"Trying to spark up some sort of electricity." Craig said as he clicked the wires together, and tried to charge up my phone.

Even though I found it as strange, I wasn't upset that he was coming up with some random idea to make our lives easier on the hill.

Craig looked down as he made his way to the woods. He stopped at the rocky mountain, and looked up at the roaring heights. He took a deep breath, and slowly walked up the hill to attempt and get some sort of spark from the city electricity. He placed the small wires into the part that charged my phone, and didn't get anything. He covered his face as he slumped his head in disappointment.

Suddenly, my phone lit up and sparked a signal. Craig watched it as it went to the main screen and said "charging" at the top. He smiled as he left the phone there, and sprinted down the hill.

"Guys! Guys!" Craig shouted as he ran through the woods, and made his way to the beach.

"Yeah?" We all said.

"Sierra! I got your phone to charge!" Craig jumped as he ran up to me, and hugged me.

"Wait, wha?" I smiled as I lunged up in his arms.

"Your phone! I sparked some electricity and got it to charge!"

"Oh my god. Are you serious?" I cheered.

"Dead as a fucking heart attack!"

"Oooh! Let me go get it-"

"No no no! Don't touch it yet!" Craig said as he put his hands out. "We need to let it charge as much as it can! Perhaps the whole entire day to assure that the battery stays safe."

"You're right." Nina nodded as she smiled. "We're finally going to get home, guys. It's coming and I feel it!"

Just when things couldn't get any better, we seen a few sailors in their canoe sailing and breezing past us as they went fishing. Adrianne smiled as she stood up, and squealed as she pointed out to the waters. Lilyana, was also following behind her mother and making outrageous noises.

"What the hell is that, Adrianne?" Kimberly laughed as she looked at her.

"A boat! It's a fucking boat!" Adrianne screamed as she jumped around for joy. "There's people in there so scream and yell as loud as you can to get their attention!"

"Over here! Hey! Hey! We need help over here! Help us!" We all screamed and yelled at the top of our lungs.

The fishermen slowly looked over at our way, and glanced at us for a few seconds before grabbing their paddles, and waddling towards the beach. They paddled for roughly 10 minutes, when they reached the sandy beach. The way that we were looking, caused them to stay in their boats for safety. The only one who looked decent enough was Jacob, but that was about it. The rest of our hair was messed up, our clothes were droopy and dark from constantly rewashing them, and we all were completely underweight from our normal sizes.

We basically looked like cavemen.

"What you guys need?" The first man said in his hispanic accent, trying to speak american.