Chapter 40 - Rest in Peace.

The mood went from good to a panic within seconds. That was something that that island never failed to do. It didn't matter how much of a good time you were having, or how good you thought that the moment was, it could shatter in an instant. Just like when when we thought that we were automatically safe since Kimberly was there, we were forced to do all of this shit on our own. We had to stitch ourselves up on our own, feed each other on our own, and fight through diseases on our own.

"Hold on, boys. I got a plan." Their father said as he stepped out of the hut. "Follow my lead."

Jazz laid dead on the ground, and we stopped eating the food at that point and time. When we seen the man, he dropped down onto his knees, and began to bawl his eyes out while covering his face.

"I should've told you guys. It's all my fault!" The man bawled.

"What's all your fault?" Jacob growled.

"I should've warned you guys that the some of those foods were possibly poisoned!"

"Why wouldn't you tell us that?!" Nina shouted in an angry tone.

"Because he was rushing me! He's the one who wanted the food!" The man growled as he pointed to Chresanto.

"You still didn't tell me that there was poison in there!" Chresanto shouted.

Jacob looked down at Gia and Lilyana, and kneeled down to their level.

"Girls, open your mouth!" Jacob said as they opened their mouths wide.

Jacob placed his finger far down Lilyana's throat, and she jolted forward and threw up. Jacob used his other finger and placed it down Gia's throat, and Gia threw up as well. Jacob wiped his fingers, and panted hard as Adrianne looked at him in confusion.

"Why'd you do that?" Adrianne asked.

"To get that food out of their system." Jacob sighed. "It could be poisonous. Very poisonous."

"I'm so sorry.." The man lied. "I didn't mean to kill her. Please forgive me."

"Is there anything else poisonous here?" I asked.

"No ma'am."

"Alright, man." Chresanto panted as he looked at Jazz's body, and took a deep breath. "Let's just....let's just start burying her body."

"That's bullshit!" Nina shouted. "He probably poisoned one of us so that we don't eat any of his food!"

"Geez, Nina!" Adrianne shouted as she looked her way. "Are you always a bitch? You always want somebody to be in something!"

"I'm a bitch because I don't trust the man who almost splattered your daughter's brains onto that tree?" Nina scowled.

"Bitch, don't you bring Lily into this shit!" Adrianne said as she stepped in Nina's face. "I'll knock your ass out if you bring up my daughter again!"

"Adrianne, i'm not afraid to stomp your 'getting pregnant every 2 seconds' ass into the ground!" Nina snapped. "I'm just saying to watch out! You don't know what these men are capable of!"

"Nina, hush." Rayan scowled as he grabbed Jazz's limp arms. "Come on, y'all. Let's just carry her to the end of the beach so we can bury her."

"Fine!" Nina shouted as she stayed in the woods. "Don't say that I didn't warn you!"

We buried Jazz into the silky sand, and sat down to catch up on our breath. There were only 9 of us left, and people were dropping like flies. I remember when there was an island full of wandering people, full of life, and now it was treacherous. But just before we were getting ready to relax, we received another phone call from the interviewers. It would be one of the most dreadful calls that we would ever make.