Chapter 23 - Blood.

Jacob watched the old man's eyes fade out, then took a deep breath as he stood up. He snatched the injection needle out of his neck, then wiped the blood off of the needle as he heard someone coming up the stairs. Jacob jumped as he attempted to escape out of the window.

Kimberly gasped as she covered her mouth, and glanced at her father dead on the floor.

"Dad!" Kimberly yelled as she ran over and kneeled down to him. But it was already too late.

"Kimberly-"

"What did you do to him!?!" Kimberly screamed as ttears ran down his face.

"I killed him."

Kimberly glanced up at Jacob, and lunged at him. However, Jacob was a boy. He was way stronger than her, and he overpowered her when she tried to move. She swung and kicked at him as Jacob wrapped his arms around her waist, and allowed her to kick around. Kimberly continued to kick and scream, as she finally stopped once she realized that Jacob was overpowering her.

"You killed my dad! Why'd you do it? Why?" Kimberly hollered at the top of her lungs.

"He was the reason why Gia almost died! He's the reason why she has whooping cough!" Jacob shouted.

Jacob let go of Kimberly as she turned around and gave him an angry glare. She looked at him as he stumbled to the side, and held his chest as he began to cough uncontrollably. He coughed, gagged, and wheezed a few times before finally spitting out a large wad of snot. Kimberly looked over at the spit, and it was a brownish color. Indicating that it was snot along with blood.

His pneumonia was getting worse and worse. And his health, was declining along with it. She sighed as she walked over to the window, and opened it.

"Get out." Kimberly growled.

"Kimberly, I can't spend another day in that cold-"

"GET OUT!" Kimberly shoutedi n an angrier tone.  "I have a father to bury!"

Jacob seen the seriousness in his eyes, and didn't ask again. He climbed out of the window and walked almost 20 minutes in the frigid cold and back into the hut. Everyone was asleep, and Gia was awake in the bed. It was almost as if she was waiting on him to come back. What he loved about her, is that she barely cried when she woke up in the middle of the night. He smiled at her as he seen her looking around wanderously on the bed and kicking her small feet around.

"Gia, you're supposed to be sleep." Jacob smiled and whispered as he stepped over us, and made his way to her bed. 

Princeton crawled into bed and laid next to her. When Gia turned up and looked at him, she started kicking her feet and waving her small arms all over the face as she let out a small giggle. She was so happy to see her dad, and Jacob was definitely happy to see her. He picked her up and laid her on his chest as she sat up, and bobbled her head around as she looked at him wanderously.

Then, she froze and shifted her big eyes to his mouth. All of a sudden, she wouldn't take her eyes off of his lips. He already knew what she wanted.

"You want me to sing your favorite song, don't you?" Jacob laughed as he watched her head bounce around. She kept her eyes on his lips, indicating that she did. 

Jacob placed Gia to the side of him again, turned over, and laid on his stomach as he blanketed her with his shirt and some extra jackets he had.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take, my sunshine away.." Jacob shivered as he smiled at her.