Chapter 47 - "Ask Adrianne."

Adrianne gasped while covering her mouth, and looked over at the dead father. His eyes were wide open, blood was gushing and spurting out of his stomach, and dripping out onto the floor. The twin boys cowered in the corner as Rayan held the gun at the two. Adrianne looked up at Jacob, and lunged out at him as she tackled him onto the floor, and gave him a large hug. She was bawling in his arms, and Jacob held her back as he panted all of his anger out. He looked up at Rayan, and Rayan cracked a small smile down at him.

"I forgive you. Asshole." Rayan scoffed as he looked down at him. "Now what do you want me to do with these two?"

"Don't kill them, man." Jacob said as he shook his head. "Just let them live."

"Hell no!" Rayan shouted in an angry tone.

Almost that instant, he turned the shotgun onto Jaden and blasted him in the chest with it, sending him flying through the walls of the hut. The sound of the blast knocked the sound out of Caden's eardrums. He jumped to the side and covered up his ears, then slowly turned next to him. All he seen was a large hole in the spot where Jaden was sitting. He looked through the whole, and seen Jaden laying on the ground with smoke fuming out of his chest. Caden wailed out loud as he looked back up at Rayan.

"Holy shit!" Caden shouted as he cowered in his spot. Then, Rayan placed the gun on his chest.

"No no no no no Rayan! Don't shoot!" Jacob shouted as he stood up, and placed his arm out with Adrianne watching next to him.

Then, Rayan pulled the trigger and heard a loud click. Caden jumped from the noise as he looked up at the barrel of the gun. Rayan pulled the trigger over and over and over, but the click only repeated itself over and over again. Jacob grabbed Adrianne, and took her out of the place, and Rayan shouted in frustration as he threw the gun to the side.

"You're lucky that I ran out of bullets, because I would've blasted your ass." Rayan demanded as he inched near his face, then stormed out of the hut.

And all Caden was left to do, as observe in his family's blood.

Jacob came outside and told us about the fathers murder. The instant we heard about it, we celebrated by serving ourselves a large amount of food. We sat around and smiled and had a normal conversation. Why? Because we were finally at peace. Adrianne looked at Cierra, and asked her about what "secret" Chresanto was talking about.

"So Cierra. What's that surprise that Chresanto was talking about?" I winked as she gave me a stunned look.

"Nothing. It was just...nothing.." Cierra said in a low tone as she looked down at the ground.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" Adrianne said, giving it to her straight forward. Cierra looked up at her, then looked back down at the ground as we sat in the dark around a heavy lit campfire.

"How'd you know?" Cierra asked.

"Girl, you're talking to a mother of 2." Adrianne laughed.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Rayan said in a confused tone. "We're happy for you."

"I don't know.." Cierra lied.

"Kind of 'sudden' to get pregnant by someone you barely carried a relationship out with, right?" Adrianne laughed as she looked at her.

Cierra looked back up at Adrianne the minute she got done saying that statement. Cierra clenched her jaw, then kept her eyes on her as she prepared to say her damning statement.

"Actually, me and Chresanto were in a relationship for a long time. We got together after that 'Jacob' incident, and didn't tell anyone." Cierra said in a grim tone as her look darkened. "Why? Because we were trying to avoid being like you and Jacob."