Chapter 24 - A Little Too Late.

On day 367, Rayan had planned to go outside and enjoy a morning dip with Jaelyn. But when he got dressed and walked downstairs, he seen Jaelyn laying motionless on the bed. Her eyes were droopy, and she had a bucket of throw up next to her, indicating that she'd been vomiting all night.

Jaelyn, was succumbing to her aids disease. Rayan was taking it a little better since he'd been worked up on meds from the older men.

"Jaelyn, are you okay?" Ray Ray asked.

"No.....I just..I feel sick......." 

"It's apart of the AIDS side affects..it happens to me too." Ray Ray nodded as he sat on the bed next to her, and rubbed her side.

"We don't have any more meds, do we?"

"Nope." Rayan moaned.

"Well, why don't we try to find the cure to the disease here?" Jaelyn smiled as she lifted up and looked at him.

"How?" Rayan said in confusion.

"Well the cure has to be somewhere." Jaelyn nodded. "In tranquilizers, weeds, growth, something! Doctors find cure's for everything, but they haven't managed to find anything because they don't look hard enough! They don't look deep enough! It may actually be here somewhere outside of the woods! In animal blood! In the soil of dirt! Something!"

"Wow..." Rayan smiled in amazement as he looked down at the floor. "Jaelyn, you're fucking amazing! Where do you think of things like this?"

"Hell when you have the disease, you'll think of anything to get rid of it!" Jaelyn nodded as she grabbed his arm and made his way out of the room. "Now lets go! We have a cure to find!"

Later when Jacob woke up, he noticed that Gia wasn't inside of her crib. He walked out onto the beach and seen Me, Jaelyn, and Cierra playing catch with Simba as Adrianne, Khamil, Kimberly, and Lilyana were deep in the waters, hunting as much fish as they could to prepare for when the winter would come, and also as food for baby Gia.

Jacob walked to the back of the woods, and seen Rayan and Jaelyn with 2 tranquilizers, and a jar. They were digging in the dirt, collecting things, and searching for as many clues as they could. Jacob glanced over at the river, and seen Craig and everyone splashing around. In a panic, he rushed over to Rayan and Jaelyn, and kneeled down to them to ask them where his daughter was.

"Have you guys seen Gia?" Jacob asked as he looked those two in the eyes.

"In the hut with Kimberly while Adrianne hunts for food." Jaelyn nodded as she dug her fingers deeper into the dirt.

"Yeah she's been having a fit since that shot yesterday." Rayan said as he shook his head, and dug in the dirt with Jaelyn. "All day she's been crying and not getting any sleep."

"Oh my goodness." Jacob whispered in fear as he jumped up, and made his way towards the hut.

Jacob walked inside, and seen Kimberly playing with Gia as she laid down. However, Gia wasn't smiling nor happy. She was still sore from the shot, and she hadn't been in a good mood since. Kimberly placed her hands onto her arm, and massaged it to comfort her and calm her down along with some warm water.

"Hey Gia." Jacob smiled as he looekd at her.

But the minute Gia seen Jacob, she began to wail and cry at the top of her lungs.

"I think that she's still a little mad at daddy.." Kimberly said as he watched Jacob pick her up.

"Gia, relax babe!" Jacob said loudly over her loud crying.