Chapter 25 - The City.

"Jaelyn.." Rayan said in a louder tone as he stared at her stiff body.

He placed his palm on her neck to check and see if he was just freaking out. Still no pulse. He began to violently shake her as he dropped the injection needle, but she still wasn't moving. Kimberly walked into the room to grab something, when she seen the commotion. Rayan's eyes flooded and filtered with tears as he began to move her over and over. Kimberly covered her mouth when she realized what had happened, when Rayan picked up the needle and began to move it towards her arm.

"Jaelyn, I ha-have the cure...." Rayan said in a delusional state, shaking with the needle in his hand.

"Rayan, she's gone!" Kimberly said loudly as she tugged him away from her.

"I have the cure, Jaelyn!!!" Rayan yelled and cried with his arms still flying out to her, trying to get the needle back to her. "I have the cure! I have the cure! I have the cure!!"

This was the 7th death on the island, but Jaelyn's stood out the most. Next to Kimberly, she was the leader of the island. She was the one who always hunted for us, got us food, got us snails, etc. And now she was gone. Dust. Another list on the people who didn't make it. But everything, came back to Rayan's selfishness and cowardly acts on the day he decided to not tell her about his disease. Jaelyn wasn't supposed to die. She was supposed to be here with the rest of us, she was suppose to live, and she was supposed to still be here helping us out when Kimberly didn't.

We held a burial for her like we did the others, which marked the 7th stick we put down to indicate that there was a body on the island. We hadn't seen someone die in almost 3 months, so it was still a little shocking. However, none of us were crying except for Rayan. We were so used to people leaving and so adjusted to people disappearing that it hardly moved us anymore.

We were officially immune to death.

"It's all my fault!" Rayan shouted as he stormed off into the woods. Chresanto quickly ran behind him and followed him to wherever he was going.

"Rayan, no it isn't-"

"How isn't it, Chres?" Rayan barked as he looked at him. "I gave her that disease and she died because of it. Because of me! All because I wanted to fill my sick thoughts! Me! It's all me....."

Rayan broke down as Chresanto opened his arms, and wrapped it around him to comfort him.

"I swear I will do anything to take it back. I'll do anything god wants." Rayan bawled on Chresanto's shoulder. "That girl was an angel, and I took advantage of her. She didn't deserve that. That was supposed to be me......"

An hour after the burial, Adrianne gave Gia a bath and then took her back to the hut for Jacob to watch. Jacob was taking a nap, so Adrianne decided to give Gia a bottle, and rock her to sleep so that she could sleep with Jacob. While Gia slept, Adrianne decided to go back to the beach to teach Lilyana some more of her ABC's so that she wouldn't forget.

But Gia woke up roughly 20 minutes after going to sleep, shattering Jacob's chances of finishing his nap.

"Broishasgh." Gia gushed as she leaned over Jacob's shoulder and slobbed all over Jacob's cheek, keeping her mouth on it.

"Come on, Gia. You know that daddies trying to take a nap.." Jacob said in an exhausted tone as he kept his eyes closed. "We'll play later."

Gia kept her mouth on Jacob, then bobbed her way around his face. She slowly slid off and sat there in silence as Jacob turned her way. She was sitting there looking around the room, then she flew back into the pillow and grabbed her foot and placed it into her mouth. Gia was wiggling around and cheering as Jacob looked at her and smiled.