HERMIONE

"Sure", Hermione said. She finally started to trust one of the exchange students a little, and it didnt feel that bad.

"Its time to go to our defense class now Hermione", Annabeth said.

"Coming, lets go". The 2 walked together to the class side by side, comparing notes about the architecture of Hogwarts, which Annabeth was also interested in, as Hermione had found out. She walked into the classroom, where everybody else was. She saw Percy up front again, and waited for him to tell everyone to split. Instead, something different happened in this class.

"Alright everyone, remember what I said on our first day?", Percy said. He waited.

"What are you doing Seaweed Brain", Annabeth said. Percy heard her.

" Dont worry, I got this".

"Are you sure?", Annabeth asked.

"Positive", he responded. He looked back at the group of 40ish students. "Any guesses?", he asked.

"Free period", Ron asked hopefully, knowing the right question to the answer.

"Nope", Percy said too cheerfully. "We are doing actual training".

"What have we been doing then?", Draco asked.

"Weapons training. Here is exactly what I said, just let me check with Annabeth". He leaned over to Annabeth, who nodded.

"Okay, everyone remember when I beat Harry in that duel?", Percy asked. Most people said yes.

"Really Percy?", Harry asked.

"Yes, this is needed right now. Anyway, this is what I said". Percy momentarily paused, then spoke again. "You see people, this is what you don't do. Always pick a weapon that feels right for you, not one that you think looks cool, or will do more damage. And never underestimate your opponent. It can result in your demise. And don't be this clumsy please. You know what, now that I have seen that this is the best of the British wizards, we will be doing additional exercises as well to improve your physical strength, condition, and your flexibility. Understand?", he finished. "I apologize for being so judgemental then, but we are doing that kind of training today, so follow me into the forbidden forest".

He was met with wide eyed stares from most people. Hermione, Ron, and Harry were fine though. In fact they looked at each other and grinned. They were cool with being in the forbidden forest. Most other people had never gone in the forest before, at least not without Hagrid being with them. Percy looked at the crowd, and reassured them.

"Dont worry everyone, we are more than capable of keeping you all safe. You can trust us", he said. Everyone murmured uneasily.

What made it worse was Annabeth going up to Percy, and saying, "Percy, what are you doing, you never discussed this with us".

Jason cleared his throat. "Actually he told me and Leo, we helped him build it".

"Build what?", she asked.

"The course", Percy said quietly.

"The what?", Annabeth asked.

"We made an obstacle course for them, so they can train like us".