FRANK

Frank was ready for the sorting to be over. He had watched his friends go through the mental torture of their memories. Ones they had tried to deeply bury. He was unable to help, as this had to happen, but he hated this feeling of helplessness. At least once he goes, this sorting over with, this would all be over. He walked up to the hat with a sense of pride, though he did not know why. He toned it down, and sat down on the stool

Greetings, praetor of Rome. You are braver than most, I think you will end up with your friends. Frank blushed at the compliment, and responded in his mind. Thank you, but my friends are a lot braver. Humble too. Now lets get this over with, this is affecting me too. Frank didn't think about how the hat would have been affected, but before he could think too much in it, the air in the room became slightly colder. He noticed this happening everytime a demigod was sorted. He braced himself for the memories, and everything broke.

Frank was shooting his grandmothers favorite teacups. He had just received news of his mothers passing. His grandmother came downstairs, and explained the firewood to him, and saying that he had to leave. He then was in the snow, wishing for warmth. Almost like a death wish, the wood lit up without any fuel source and Frank could feel his life burning away.

He remembered the journey to Alaska and back, but most importantly, what was there in Alaska. He remembered the fight against Polybotes in New Rome. He saw Leo possessed by the eidolon, firing on his home. The memoreis of the war came back, too painful for him to remember the crisp details, but enough to feel like he was in that moment again. Learning Jason was dead. The fight agaisnt Tarquin. He used a trick Mars had taught him. He focused all of his body energy on his forehead. Once he felt he was in a deep enough place to escape, he snapped his fingers, and he was back on the hat. He grinned. This was a trick he learned just in case he was tranced or possessed or hypnotized or any other thing which involved him losing control of his body. He would break the trance immediately. Handy trick.

Meanwhile, the hat was shaking, while screaming, "GRYFFINDOR GRYFFINDOR, NO MORE PLEASE". He walked back to his friends with a skip in his step. His friends would have been together either way, but now they would be in the same classes as well. He walked back to his friends, and they all, in unison, walked over to the Gryffindor table and took a seat. A lot of the wizards and witches now had one or both eyebrows raised. How was it that all 11 of the exchange students were sorted into Gryffindor. Something was up.

McGonagall called for silence. Once everyone obliged, she continued on. "Well, that sorting was more... Interesting than most". The demigods tensed at being called interesting. They weren't specimens in a lab. "Stay safe this year students, even though V-Voldemort is no more, there are other things that can cause harm to us".

At this the Hogwarts students laughed, while the teachers exchanged a grave look with the demigods. Frank nodded back at them, so they would know that the demigods will keep the students in check. McGonagall continued on. "Enough said, dig in". Percy and Ron quickly grabbed food and started eating as fast as they could. Frank looked back at his friends, and they all started eating, hoping that the food would soothe the pain of their resurfaced memories. Except for Percy, who was happily eating. Frank gave a sad smile to no one in particular, and started eating as well.