Chapter 49 - 5 years later. [Part 1.]

Start from the beginning

"Caden! Caden! Don't do it!" Jacob shouted as he sprinted at the top of the hill, and ran behind him.

"Do what, man? You thought that I was going to jump off?" Caden laughed.

"I just.....I had a friend commit suicide off of this thing a while back.." Jacob panted. "I get paranoid every time someone comes up here."

"I didn't know that there was a city on the other side of here." Caden said in amazement. "Why didn't you guys tell me?"

"Paranoia." Jacob lied as he smiled.

Caden looked at Jacob, then stepped a little on the other side. He held onto a rock, then started to climb down on the other side. Jacob panicked as he looked over, and peeked at Caden.

"Woah man what are you doing?!" Jacob shouted.

"I'm gonna climb down the cliff to get you guys some help." Caden said as he continued to climb down.

"No man don't do it!" Jacob begged. "I tried to do it, and there was no turning back. Please!"

"Jacob, don't worry." Caden sighed as he continued to climb down. "I'll be fine. Trust me."

"Are you sure?" Jacob asked.

"Go spend some time with your girls, man." Caden smiled. "I'll have help for you guys by the next day."

"Alright. Thanks, man." Jacob smiled. "You're bravery is amazing."

"Thanks. And I truly apologize for all the hell I put you and your family through." Caden smiled as he climbed drastically down the cliff. "I'll see you guys in a day or so."

Jacob decided not to tell anyone about Caden getting rescue for everyone. He didn't want to tell anyone because if Caden died, it would be another shattered hope for all of us. With that being said, Jacob walked into the house and went upstairs, when he seen Gia and Lilyana playing with their little brother on the bed. Adrianne was laying on the side, looking and smiling at the three.

"You're da cutest baby eber." Gia smiled as she leaned close to the babies face.

"msmsjshsgsh." The baby boy spat as he squinted his newborn eyes at his sisters. Adrianne lifted the baby up, then listened to his stomach growling.

"I think he's hungry." Adrianne smiled.

"Ooh ooh! Can I feed him?" Lilyana asked.

"No! My turn to feed da boy." Gia whined. "Lily did it aweady."

"Lilyana, you did feed him first." Adrianne nodded. "It's your sisters turn."

"Fine.." Lilyana said in a bummed tone as she folded her arms.

Adrianne adjusted Gia up against the headboard, then adjusted her arms for the baby to rest in. Adrianne placed a pillow under Gia's arms, then handed Gia the bottle for the baby. Gia placed the bottle into her brothers mouth, and watched as he gulped and gulped on his food. Jacob smiled as he sat on the bed with his family, then stared at Gia in amazement.

"If you sing the song that I always used to sing to you, he'll go to sleep." Jacob smiled as he looked at his son. "He's already falling asleep."

"Sunshine?" Gia cheered.

"Yes."

"You ah my sunshine, mah only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies ah gway. You neber know dear, how much I lubb you. Pease don't take, my sunshine away.." Gia sung extremely soft and slow tone. Her baby brother was wrapped in a cozy blanket, and he fell asleep immediately.

"What's his name?" Jacob whispered and smiled as he looked up at Adrianne.

"Matthew." Adrianne smiled. "I figured that Jacob Jr. was too simple, so I named him after my grandfather."

"Wow." Jacob smiled. "Now I know why people have so many children. This shit is a blessing."

"Jacob, we can start a family if we get off of the island." Adrianne smiled. "Hell, we can have as many kids as you want."

Jacob stared at her, then put on a brighter smile.

"I love you." Jacob smiled.

"I love you more." Adrianne smiled back.

The next day, was the most unforgettable day of the whole entire island. It was day 1,926, and it started off like any ordinary day. I had kept baby CJ in the hut with me for the whole entire night, but Cierra said that she was going to pick him up early in the morning. A few hours passed, and she hadn't came to pick up the baby. Terrified, I wrapped CJ in a blanket and barged into Kimberly's home. I went into Cierra's room, and she was coughing and wheezing out of this world. Sadly, I'd rather have seen her like that, then to see her dead in her bed. I grabbed some cold cold water, and gave it to her when I ran back into the room. She downed the whole glass, then went right back to her coughing and wheezing. She was so sick looking, that the bags under her eyes were a different shade of her skin color. Dried snot trailed down her nose, and her mouth was red all around.

"Sierra, don't bring him in here." Cierra coughed. "I don't want him to get sick."

"Cierra do you need anything?" I asked.

"No...just get him out of here. Please." Cierra begged.

Then, the unthinkable happened. All of a sudden, the house started rumbling and shaking, and sand was being blown everywhere. We had no idea what was going on, but it was getting louder and louder by the second. We all ran out on the beach, and seen a 2 large helicopters hovering over our island. All of our mouths dropped, and we couldn't believe what we'd just seen.

"Excuse me, are there any people on this island?" One of the men in the helicopter shouted through his large microphone.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" We all screamed for dear life as we jumped around and waved our hands to get their attention. "We're the 9/11 attack and Flight 89 members! That's us!"

"Alright." The man said as he landed his large and wide helicopter onto the plane. "Board as many people as you can. We've came to rescue you!"

Then, we seen Caden sitting in the helicopter. I couldn't believe that he saved us. He sent them here. He brought us this. "But how?" We all wondered. Then, we seen Jacob smile and tear up at him. Jacob knew something that we didn't. Caden climbed a day down that large cliff, made it to the city, and finally got us some help. And just to think, that we could've done this the first time we got here, found him, and got our helicopter 5 years earlier.

It was time. Time for us, to leave this island. Time for us, to come back home. Our family was waiting, and WE were waiting.