My Love for you Through My Words...

Hardin's Point of View...

I don't think you will ever fully Comprehend
How you have made my dreams come true,
Or how you have opened my heart
To love and the wonders it can do.

You brought me sunshine
When I only saw rain,
You brought me laughter
When I only felt pain.

You are an amazing person,
And without you, I don't know where I'd be.
Having you in my life,
Completes and fulfills every part of me.

------------x-----------x------------x-------------

"How is she?"

I turn to see the man who supported my wife for the last 9 months. Matthew.

"She is doing good. She is resting currently."

Matthew nods and moves toward me.

"What about the babies? Are they doing ok?"

I just nod and take a seat outside Tessa's room. Matthew waits for a while and when I don't object, he comes and sits with me.

"Hardin, I am sorry for everything. Trust me the day, Tess told me about her being pregnant, I told her to tell you."

"Tessa.."

Matthew looks at me with confusion.

"What?"

"Tessa. You said, Tess. She is Tess only for me, not for others. I am just correcting you."

"Seriously dude, you correct me on this,"

I just shrug and get myself comfortable on the hospital chair I have been sitting in for the past ten minutes.

"Are the babies ok? Are they healthy?"

"They are as healthy as they can be. They have names you know. Stop calling my babies 'They' for once."

Matthew shakes his head in annoyance and buries his face in between his palms.

"Just tell me their names, Hardin. Just like you, I drove to the clinic, thinking about Tessa and the well-being of the babies."

"Hope Lilly Scott and Elsa Rose Scott. That's their name. My first one is named Hope and my second one is named Elsa by Tessa."

"Did you like the names?"

I again shrug.

"What options do I have. I do like the names though. Especially, Elsa, it rhymes with Tessa. It's nice to know that one of my daughters has her name rhymed with their beautiful mother. I like Hope too. I don't know why Tessa named them Hope and Elsa, I guess someday she will tell me."

"What's bothering you, Hardin? There is something that you are keeping inside, what is it?"

I look at Matthew and then back at my joined hands.

"Why do you think I am keeping anything inside me?"

"Because you are. You are a terrible liar Hardin. Anyone can see you and can tell that something is worrying you and you just won't spell that out."

"Why do you think I will tell you of all the people?"

"Because Hardin, I am the only one here. Tess...I mean Tessa is inside sleeping, probably sedated with her medicines and I don't think your newborn daughters are currently capable to hear you out. So, just tell me. I know we often don't see each other from eye to eye but trust me you can tell me."