The Plan..Part-3 : Confrontation...

Kave's point of View...

We sat in my car waiting for the person in the suspect to arrive at her house. Matthew has to run some of his business meetings and hence it's just me and Tessa. Tessa has been checking her phone from time to time, I wonder whom messages she is eagerly waiting for. It must be her husband, the person who is supposedly the victim in our case.

"Still no messages from your husband," my question startles Tessa. She shakes her head and put her phone back into her handbag.

"Nope, honestly I am starting to get worried. He was in a bad shape when I left him back in our Washington penthouse, I don't know if he has taken his medication or even woke up from our bed. He got drunk and I left some medicines on my way here, just so that he can feel ok once he woke up."

I nod and start to tap on my steering wheel, hoping Renne Maverick will appear anytime sooner.

"So, this woman took advantage of your husband when he was a teenager," Tessa nods yet rolls her eyes. God, I am such an idiot. She did. That's why Tessa is here in New York, asking for my help.

"She never stopped. She blackmailed him all these years and the worst part is Hardin let her for the sake of his mother. Hardin's dad was a bad father and even worse as a husband. Hardin's mom, Lilly, only had Renne, her supposedly best friend as the only support mechanism. By the time Hardin understood what Renne did to him, it was already too late. Every time he opposed, she blackmailed him about his mother. If his mother gets to know about the truth, then it will break her apart."

I just sit and listen to Tessa's narrative.

"So what exactly do you plan to do. Take Renne down and don't tell Lilly, Hardin's mother anything about her friend's cruelty. Don't you think it's unfair? What she did was against the law. She took advantage of a minor, Tessa. We have a law for that. Send her to prison, minimum of 5 years of imprisonment she will get. Go, get justice for your husband "

Tessa doesn't respond. She just sits on her seat and plays with her wedding ring. I do feel for her. Just a day later her marriage she gets hit by such a big secret about her husband's past.

I smile which catches Tessa's attention.

"Why are you smiling, my situation looks funny to you?" Tessa questions.

I shake my head. "You are the strongest person I came across in my 6 years of career. I know you and Matthew are younger than me but I have never seen a woman before you, so determined to get justice for her husband. I did fight some cases where the defendant's wife stood up for their husband but your situation, your history, your age, blows my mind. You are stronger than you believe, Tessa."

Tessa wipes her tears and tries her best to smile but fails terribly.

"You don't have to act like everything is normal like your world is not falling apart. Sometimes it's good if you let your tears wash away your pain. Underneath the pain stands a brave heart, resilient to fight any battle possible." Tessa laughs. I do feel a bit offended, I was trying to have a serious conversation but my seriousness makes Tessa happy.

She controls her laughter. "Sorry..Sorry. The first time I met you, I never thought of you as a person capable of having such deep conversations. You are an amazing man, Kave. Thank you for helping me. It means the world to me." I just shrug.

"Get me my favorite ice cream from my favorite shop, you will be forgiven," Tessa giggles. I must admit she has a beautiful laugh and when she giggles she looks even more beautiful.

"You look beautiful when you laugh or giggle or smile. Never stop that," Tessa smiles and comfortably puts her hands over mine, thanking me without uttering any words.