The Night..My Past Comes to Haunt Me..

Hardin' Point of View...

9 years ago...

I am finally back home for my winter break and to celebrate Christmas with my mom. Yes, only mom because my dad is never home. It's been almost 5 years now that both me and my mom knows that my dad is with another woman. Earlier I was too young to understand what it meant, but, as it's said with age we grow older and wiser, well the wiser part of myself now knows what it means. My dad started an affair with another woman, he lives with her mostly and me and my mom we live alone in this big mansion. I never wanted to go to London for my studies, I never wanted to leave my mother alone for so many years, but she asked me to do this for myself. She said that she will survive. She said that she has been surviving for the past 5 years now. I still remember the day I left for london, she hugged me and cried. I never saw my mother crying in front of me ever, but, that day in 17 years of my existence she cried. I asked her that I can get enrolled in any university nearby but she asked me to go to London to live my dreams. So, I went, I left my mother alone, I left , my dad left and my mother, she lived alone. The only difference in my leaving and my father's leaving was, I left to chase my dreams and my father left us for another woman. Yes, he may say everytime he visits us that he left for his dreams too, but, in reality I know he left me and my mom for that woman. I don't know her. We don't take her name in our house. My mother hates her and so do I. She has taken everything from us, she has taken my father from me and she has taken my mother's husband from her, she has taken our happiness and our joy, she has taken everything from us.

I am happy that in just one more year, I will complete my degree from London School of Buisness and then I will come back and my mother will no longer be alone, she will have me, she will have me for entire eternity. The day I saw my mother broke down on my father's betrayal, that was the day I realised that I will only love single woman in my life.."My Mother".

My mother is not home. She runs a publishing company of her own. It's small but it helps to keep her busy. Suprisingly my dad helped her to open that business, he just helped her financially, the business runs under my mother's name, it's her and only hers. My mother didn't knew that I will be coming back, I want to suprise her. I was out with my friends playing soccer. It was good to see my friends again after almost a year. We stayed in touch via phone calls and emails but seeing them in person is a different experience. I missed my bestfriend Anthony. He is currently dating someone from his class called Miles. Yes, he is gay. His parents are very open minded and accepted his sexuality with open arms, so, do I. He is my bestfriend and I can trust him with my life.

After playing soccer with my friends for 2 hours, I am soaked in sweat. After reaching home, I quickly went upstairs to my room and strip down from my clothes and enters the shower. I need to wash myself before Mom comes back from work. I will suprise her with a dinner that I will cook. She deserves it. I will give her everything she deserves to have in her life. I start my shower and start rubbing soap down my body. I don't hear someone entering my room. I don't hear someone entering my shower. My back is turned against the bathroom door. All of sudden, I feel two hands across my waist. The hands belongs to a woman, a woman I know very well. I can feel her breath along my neck, I can smell her perfume. She is here, with me in my shower.

"I missed you". She hums in my ear seductively. That's what she has been doing since my 16th birthday. She has been seducing me to have sex with her. It's been 3 years now, yes 3 because last year I never came back home. She never visited me in london, that's one of the reasons I loved my life in London, there was no "Rinney". My mother's best friend. I cannot believe my first time was with my mother's best friend, I cannot believe she took my virginity, I cannot believe she taught me how to have sex with girls. I turn and now I am facing her.