You are the Reason...

Hardin's Point of View...

After the ceremony, it was time for us to move to the next venue. The venue for our wedding reception.

I hold Tessa's hand the entire time after we exchanged our vows. As much as I want her to myself I know I will have to wait until tonight. Today is the last day Tessa gets to see her parents until we come back from our honeymoon. We leave tomorrow night and until then all I plan is to make love to my Tessa.

Mother informed me this morning that our Washington penthouse is now complete and I can take Tessa directly to my penthouse tonight.

We enter the reception hall and are greeted by everyone's loud applause. We laugh as we look around to be surrounded by our family members, relatives, and friends, all equally happy for us. I take Tessa's hand and hold her close to me. We hear the DJ asking us to dance to our wedding song.

Last week when Tessa decided to abandon me because of her unwanted beliefs, we did discuss our wedding song. Tessa wanted me to select our wedding song on which we will be dancing after the ceremony. I am nervous because when it comes to music, Tessa and I are poles apart. That's one department where we have very separate views. I don't even know if Tessa will like the song I picked for our first dance. I want everything to be perfect for her and this may be the moment when I will ruin everything for her. Tessa senses my nervousness as she starts to rub the side of my arms to calm me down.

She looks at me and smiles. "It's ok, Hardin. I know you must have chosen the perfect song for our first dance."
I nod and try my best to hide my nerves.

Tessa and I, take the center stage as I see Anthony gesturing to the DJ to play the song I have selected for us. Tessa wraps her arms across my neck and smiles as I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me. The song- "You are the Reason" starts to play in the background.

Tessa's smile turns into a grin and she buries her face into my chest letting me know that she approves of my choice. I rest my head above Tessa's head and we start to sway on the lyrics of the song.

"That's one of my favorite songs, Hardin. You picked the correct song for us." I finally let out the breath that I have been holding on to for the past ten minutes. Tessa loves this song. It's one of my favorites as well. When I hear this song, it reminds me of her.

We continue to dance, our bodies glued together, moving as per the rhythm of the song. "When I listen to this song, it reminds me of you. Of how we met and how I fell in love with you. I love you, Tessa, I love you a lot," Tessa smiles as she pulls me down and closes her lips over mine, into a soft yet passionate kiss.

The song ends and the DJ changes the track to a different playlist and asks all the couples to join me and Tessa on the dancefloor. Our friends and relatives join us and starts to dance to the songs getting played in the background.

We dance for another forty to fifty minutes, making us lost in the melodies of the songs being played in the background. The DJ asks us to rotate our partners while we dance. Reluctantly I let go of Tessa and I turn to find Rinne in my arms. Fucking great. When I look back to see who Tessa got as her partner, my blood turns cold, as I found my wife in the arms of her former lover, Matthew.
I try to move but Rinne holds me back, tightening her grip on my waist.

Rinne forces me to look at her. She has a smile plastered across her face. Why she is happy on my wedding day. It cannot be good. What Rinne speaks next confirms my fear. "You look handsome tonight." I try again to distance myself from her but she pulls me towards her, not letting me go.

I am forced to spin her around to match the movements of the remaining pairs on the dance floor. She laughs as I fail to rotate her completely. She completes the move herself and again holds my waist, making our bodies flush against each other. I can smell her perfume and I can feel her breath on my skin.