A Solution to be found...

Tessa's Point of View...

"Here drink this, you will feel better,"

I hand Lilly a cup of hot chocolate, her favorite. Her sobs have finally stopped, she looks calmer and more collected now.

"Thank you, Tessa."

I sit with Lilly wrapping my arms around her, trying my best to give her some warmth and comfort the same way she always has given me whenever I needed.

Looking at Lilly, minutes ago she was crying for her son. Some time back, the night I had my argument with Hardin, it was her who comforted me, now it's me. It's funny but life is like a circle, you never know when tables may turn and roles may get reversed.

Lilly finishes her hot chocolate in 2 sips. Once she puts down her cup, I wrap a blanket around her to keep her warm. She drove to my house, in between a possible rainstorm, which confirms her need for urgency.

"Please tell me why Hardin is in prison."

Lilly adjusts the blanket around her body and rubs both of her palms against each other to keep them warm. I should have known. She feels cold. I get up from my couch and ran upstairs to get her a pair of woolen gloves. Once I come back, I found Lilly resting her head on the headrest of the couch, her eyes closed and I can hear her snoring. She is fast asleep. I turn off the lights in my living room, adjust the blanket around her body and put two cushions behind her head to make her feel more comfortable. Whatever we had to discuss can wait until tomorrow morning once Lilly wakes up.

I look at the woman sleeping in front of my eyes. She looks peaceful yet the amount of pain she must have endured in the last couple of hours is beyond my imagination.

The next morning, I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock. I turn it off and roll out of my bed to start my day. I do have a feeling it will be a long day. By the time I get downstairs, both of my sisters are seated at the breakfast table, laughing at something which has to be funny as per the description.

Terra looks at me as I walk down the last of the steps of the staircase entering the living room.

"Hey, Tess. You up, look your mother-in-law made us this delicious breakfast."

I roll my eyes. Both Terra and Casey are two lazy docks. They must be cooking and making Lilly feel comfortable not the other way around.

"Hey, Terr. Good Morning to you too. Don't you think, your ass must be standing in the kitchen and cooking this breakfast and Lilly must be resting, not the other way around."

Terra rolls her eyes back at me like I speak a language unknown to her.

"Ohh...hush. Tessa. It's ok. Terra did ask me to rest, it was my idea to cook breakfast for everyone. Cooking makes me happy, in my current state it makes me feel normal. Plus I never cooked for you all so it's a win-win for all of us."

Lilly walks out of the kitchen with two breakfast plates in her hands. I guess one for me and one for her. I take a seat next to Casey and Lilly sits in between me and Terra. We begin to eat. Lilly has made us toast and egg omelet, her specialty. When Hardin and I were together, he used to gush about his mother making egg omelets, eating them now, I know why he loved them so much.

The room falls silent but we all knew the big elephant in the room has yet to be talked about.

"So, you can tell us now why Hardin is in prison."

Lilly takes a sip of the orange juice and looks at me, holding the glass in her hands.

"Hardin has been charged for embezzlement of money."