Meeting the Life's I Created...

Hardin's Point of View...

Me and Tess, sit in our car as my driver drives us to the clinic Tessa has been visiting for the past 9 months, during her pregnancy.

I look at Tessa and find her resting her head on the headrest. Her eyes are closed. She was in pain just minutes ago.

"Tess..you ok?"

She doesn't answer, only nods her head. I hold her hand tightly with a determination to never let her go.

"You are starting.."

Tess captures my attention as she passes on her comment without even opening her eyes.

"What?"

"You are starting at me, Hardin. What is it, just spit it out?"

"Umm..about your pregnancy, was everything normal in the past 9 months?"

"It was. Don't worry, I had a normal pregnancy. A healthy one."

Tess pats her stomach and a beautiful smile adores her face.

"These two will be two healthy babies, Hardin. Don't worry. Matthew took good care of me."

And just like that, the moment of comfort changes into a moment of awkwardness for us. Just hearing Matthew's name coming from Tessa's lips makes my blood boil. My posture gets rigid and as if Tessa can sense the sudden change in my body, she finally opens her oceanic blue eyes and turns her face to look at me.

"Hardin if you want to be with me, we have to be open and honest towards each other. We cannot keep doing this, you keep things from me, I keep things from you, our relationship will not work if we don't move past this."

I don't look at Tessa. I know what she means. I understand every single word coming from her. But, do I want to agree with her? I don't know that. Listening about another man and how he took care of my Tessa when she is pregnant with my daughters is something I cannot easily get adjusted to.

"Let's not talk about you and Matthew for now. You are in labor and anytime soon we will meet our daughters. Last thing I want us to have an argument."

"Hardin.."

"Tess, please. For once just listen to me. Please. I promise after your delivery, we will talk. Ok? Not now. Please."

"Ok"

Tess doesn't push me further on this. It's true though. I don't want us to argue before she goes into labor. That's the last thing I want.

"Uhhh.."

Tess whimpers in pain and tightens her hold on my arm.

"Tess..you ok? What's wrong baby, what's happening?"

"Nothing I guess it's another contraction. God, it hurts but it's ok. Just be with me, ok?"

"Yeah...Yeah sure. I am with you. Always and Forever. I love you, Tess."

"I love you too.."

I chuckle and Tess opens her beautiful eyes to again look at me.

"What's so funny..?"

"Nothing. You said too. It's like after 1 year of our marriage, we finally agree on something common."

She laughs and our car fills up with her laughter.

"I missed your laugh.."

I bent down and capture her lips in a kiss. Before I can move away, Tess wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me back, closer to her.