Farewell Speech..

Hardin'Point of View...

I enter the reception hall where all the guests have gathered to hear and say their final words for my father. Last night I received a text message from my mother. She asked me to write a farewell speech for my father. I cannot believe she wants such a beautiful farewell to a soul who failed to provide her happiness. While I was busy fucking Coley, my mother was busy making final arrangements for my father's funeral ceremony. I feel awful. I feel like I have disappointed my mother, but, unlike her I cannot act that the past 22 years didn't happened, because they did and just because Mark Scott has passed away, it doesn't change the fact that he left me and my mother for another woman, for a life that he built without us, that he abondoned me when I needed him the most. The only legacy that my father has left behind is his Scott Business Group, a business empire that he created and now I will have the responsibility to carry on my father's legacy.

I look around the hall in search of Tessa. My mother told me that she looked after me in Texas. I don't remember everything but after our fight, my mother called me to deliver the unexpected news and then I trashed my room. It was Tessa who came for me and took me to her room and helped me to calm down. I want to Thank her. Even after our fight, even after all the awful stuff I told her , she still cared, she still made sure that I am not left alone. She is an angel and I don't know what I did in my other life to deserve her. My eyes keep searching for those blue eyes, the blue eyes that may give me some confidence to deliver this short farewell speech that I have wrote in just 30 minutes time span today morning. I have already disappointed my mother in so many ways, by distancing myself from her after my father's death, I just don't want to disappoint her any further, but, I know she will be disappointed when she will hear my farewell speech. I am sweating and it's not even that hot in Washington. My eyes keep searching my angel, but I cannot find her. Did she left? I keep asking the same question to myself. I feel my mother's hand on my shoulder. "You ready son?", She asks me and I just nod, letting her know that I am ready with my speech.

I see the facilitor of the ceremony calling my mother's name. She stands up from her chair and walks graciously to the podium, where she has to deliver her speech. When it comes to Mark Scott' family, it was just me and my mother. I wonder if my father's whore has also been invited by my mother. Knowing my mother, she will not hold any grudges against the woman who destroyed our family. But, again just like Tessa, I cannot find her either.

My mother starts her speech.." Mark was a passionate man. He was passionate about his business. He started his business, the famous Scott Business Group when we were newly married. I was with him through his days of struggle. For many, you might see him as a successful business man, who achieved great lengths of success at an young age, but for me he was a man with dreams, a man with a vision, a man who had a passionate heart, a heart that was full of love and sincerity towards his people and towards his business. I witnessed all the struggles he went through to achieve his name in the corporate arena. I loved him with everything I had. I loved him with my heart, I loved him with my body and most importantly I loved him with my soul. For many his business empire might be his legacy, but, for me our beautiful son, Hardin, is his beautiful legacy. Hardin is for me a testament of our love and of our relationship. I love you Hardin. I love you Mark, rest in peace my love", the entire room felt silent by my mother's heart touching farewell speech. Finally the moment has arrived when I must say farewell to my father by my words. We already bid our farewell to his mortal presence and now we bid him goodbye with our words and from our memories. I see my mother gently pressing her fingers over mine, giving me moral support and courage to deliver my speech. I have delivered so many speeches and have facilitated much bigger audiences but somehow the farewell speech written for my father seems most difficult to deliver.