Beautiful in White...

Lilly's Point of View...

26 years ago...

I sit in my backyard as I see my husband playing with our two-year-old son. Hardin has started walking just after he turned one and now he has completely mastered the art of walking. He runs around the house and we have to chase him for his food.

Mark finally catches up with Hardin. He picks him up and makes him fly high in the air. Our backyard fills with Hardin's laughter. He loves when Mark makes him fly in the air. We are excited as with Hardin turning two, now we can travel by air. I have been waiting so long to finally see my parents in Texas. They moved to Texas just after Hardin's first birthday. I believe we can finally have our much-awaited Texas trip.

Mark leaves Hardin to play on his own as he runs towards me and takes a seat next to me.

Mark bents down to capture my lips. I smile into our kiss. We break our kiss to see Hardin making funny faces on his own. We both laugh watching our son lost in his world.

"He looks happy, Lilly," I nod absentmindedly. Knowing that our son is happy and we can give him a good childhood is a fulfilling feeling.

"I cannot wait for him to grow up and go to college. Meet a beautiful girl. They are to date and finally, get married. They will give us beautiful grandchildren and we will play with them the same way we are playing today with Hardin." I giggle as my husband imagines our son's future.

"Mark..he is only two. Let him at least learn to speak first," I laugh as Mark sighs. "Well, I know our son will bag the most beautiful bride, just wait and watch Mrs. Scott."

We just sit and laugh while our son plays with his cars and ball that Mark got him last week.

I feel tears on my hand. Mark dreamed of this day. The day when our son will get married. I know about Mark's will. I know he included the clause about Hardin getting married because he thought our son will never fall in love, will never get married. I hope he is watching us from heaven that our son is getting married out of love, not out of legal compromises.

I make my way to my wardrobe. I open it and bring out a silk handkerchief. I trace my fingers over the markings on it. This is a special handkerchief. I gifted this to Mark the day we got pregnant with Hardin. It was his birthday and aside from me telling Mark about our pregnancy, I gifted him this handkerchief, markings were crafted by me. Mark was so happy that day. From that day, Mark always carried this silk handkerchief with him to all of his important business meetings. Mark considered this as his good luck and today I will gift this to Hardin as he starts a new life.

Hardin's Point of View...

I adjust my suit for the tenth time today while looking at myself in the mirror.

"You look fine Hardin. Stop gawking yourself in the mirror. God, you will give Tessa a run for her money the way you are acting." I roll my eyes. I turn to see my childhood best friend being comfortable on my bed. I move across my bed to slap his lazy ass out of my bed.

"Ouch..don't touch me," Anthony complains. I hold his legs and pull him down my bed, he falls on the floor on his ass.

"Dude, you are my best man. You should be the one helping me out not the other way around." It's my turn to complain.

Anthony pulls himself up from my bedroom floor and somehow manages to stand straight on his two legs.

"I am having jetlag Hardin. I just need a couple of hours of rest." I again roll my eyes and move across the other end of my room to wear my shoes. I take a seat on my couch and put on my shoes. Anthony has arrived this morning and for the past four hours, all he is doing is resting on his ass claiming he has jetlag from his travel.