Volume 6: He's Just a Toy

Start from the beginning

"I really hope that whatever intelligence you squeezed out of those defective pieces of garbage in your class works in Class D's favor." He said.

Horikita ignored him. 

"I'm sure we can handle whatever Class D throws at us, right Ayanokouji-kun?" She asked me, I just nodded.

"Oh! Is that arrogance I'm hearing? What a very interesting remark." Ryuuen said.

"Hmm, who knows? Maybe it was simply cheap provocation? Just your style." Horikita said.

"Maybe so." Ryuuen replied.

As soon as we arrived at the staff room, Horikita called Chabashira-sensei. Similarly, Ryuuen called Sakagami-sensei, who appeared first and took the manila envelope from Ryuuen.

Moments later, Chabashira-sensei showed up and took Sakagami-sensei's place. She already seemed to know what we were there for, and her gaze focused only on the manila envelope. She paid no attention to Ryuuen, off to the side.

"These are the final questions, Chabashira-sensei."

"I'll hold on to them." Chabashira-sensei said.

Ryuuen watched with a creepy smile. As Chabashira-sensei reached for the envelope, Horikita paused.

"I'd like to ask you one thing, if I may." Horikita said to Chabashira-sensei.

"Yes?"

"These questions are linked to either Class B's victory or defeat. They're two sides of the same coin. We must avoid a leak at all costs. After I hand these papers over to you, could you please not show them to anyone else? Myself included."

"You want me to turn down absolutely anyone who asks to see them?" Chabashira-sensei asked.

"Would that be a problem?"

"That's not the issue. I understand that you're afraid of information leaking, and the school has no right to refuse your request. However, there are conditions." Chabashira-sensei said.

"Conditions, you say?"

"The entire class needs to agree to this. Has everyone approved this measure?"

"I didn't receive permission from every individual student, but...I don't think they'd object. No one wants their class to lose." Horikita said.

"You can't say that for sure. Some students might very well want to lose." Chabashira-sensei said.

"That's—"

Chabashira-sensei continued. 

"On that note, can you guarantee that these are the exam questions your class wishes to use? Not everyone in class saw and agreed to all of them, right?"

"Are you asking me to prove that? You want me to show the questions to everyone in class and confirm that they're okay with them?"

"I'm saying that it's not that simple. I can't be entirely sure that you, Horikita Suzune, are acting for your class's sake. That said, I'll honor your request. If any student asks, I absolutely won't disclose the questions and answers you created." Chabashira sensei said.

"Thank you very much. Now I can face the exam in peace."

"However, I will say this—generally, it's not ideal to restrict information in this manner. It proves that the class isn't united."

"A painful lesson to learn. I'll work harder to bring the class together." Horikita answered confidently.

Chabashira-sensei smiled a bit. 

Classroom of the Elite: An Inferior Genius(DISCONTINUED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara