EPISODE 24

These chapters just keep getting longer, let me know if it's too much ❣️

OMNISCIENT

10 YEARS AGO ...

"Malani please let me in," Naala's voice drifted through the locked room door.

Malani pushed her face deeper into her pillow, her tears clouding her eyes once more.

"Please Lani, I want to talk," Naala continued in a slur.

"That is not my name," Malani shouted back at her. "You're drunk leave me alone," She sniffed.

"I'm sorry baby," Naala sat outside the door. "Can we talk?"

"I don't want to speak to you," Malani argued back.

Malani cried to herself, in pain from all that was going on.

Saint had just died and Naala was drinking herself into oblivion every night, to avoid what was right in front of her.

"Malani you're my daughter, l-let me hold you," Naala leaned against the door.

"I'm not your daughter." Malani said to herself quietly. The whole situation was confusing to her.

Naala stayed by the door for a while before she gave up, leaving Malani alone.

When Malani realised she had left, she got out of the bed, her body feeling heavy.

It was like she was carrying around bricks everywhere she went, this is what his death did to her.

As she left the room, she heard voices down the hall and cursed herself for not making sure no one else was awake.

"Oh I'm sorry," Malani's eyes widened when she walked in on them.

"It's okay," Malia wiped her lips looking to Malik, "Let me walk you out,"

Malani furrowed her eyebrows when she recognised him as Maniya's boyfriend but here he was kissing her sister.

"I didn't mean to come in unannounced," Malani apologized when Malia came back into the kitchen.

"What are you doing up anyway?" Malia looked at her with a look of disdain,

"I was thirsty, I didn't think anyone would be awake," She replied ignoring Malia's rudeness.

"Hm," Malia looked her up and down. "You've been being rude to my mom,"

"I don't think I have," Malani disagreed,

"You have, you've been shutting her out when she's trying to talk to you," Malia said defensively.

"Listen, you don't know me," Malani pointed at her. "My name is Zenia and I don't have a mother, you are not my family,"

"Do you think I want to be your family Nia?" Malia said to her, "I only know you through my brother,"

"Who is now actually our brother," Malani said feeling sick to her stomach once more.

"You didn't know but taking it out on us isn't going to help," Malia spoke intelligently.