EPISODE 20

thank you all for your kind words last chapter. I was feeling so down because of work and other things but God fixed it and I'm back and better ❣️

this isn't proof read because I'm tired so if you see a typo, close your eyes 🥰

OMNISCIENT

8 YEARS AGO..

"I know baby, I know," Naala kissed a crying Mekhi, rocking him gently.

"You think he's just tired Love?" Dave asked over the phone, she had woken him up at the prison because Mekhi wouldn't settle.

"If he was tired he would sleep," She stressed stroking his back,

"Ion know what to do," He answered blowing out a breath,

"I don't know why I even called you from your stupid ass cell," Naala muttered, "You can't do anything,"

"What do you think I can do?" Dave snapped back at her,

Naala ignored him, walking around the room with Mekhi, attempting to get him to calm down.

"You called me, I don't know what I can do and then you're cursing at me," He continued,

"Okay," Naala mumbled lowly, "I shouldn't take what's going out on you, I'm sorry,"

"Yeah," Dave said in response, "Try swaddling him, you said he likes that,"

Dave was struggling being away from his wife and their newborn, especially while Mekhi had been diagnosed with a brain tumor.

"You're right," Naala replied taking him over to his changing table. Naala laid him down and got out his blanket, ready to swaddle him.

"You know I wish I was with y'all," He said after a while, "He's my son too, I want to be there with you."

"I know," She said back finishing the swaddle, "I spoke to the doctor, they scheduled his surgery,"

"Ion want them in his brain, can't we wait?" He replied,

"No they can't wait," Naala sighed, "Do you know what? I'll talk to you later Amir, I'm not in the mood for you,"

"You really are a bitch Naala, I'm fucking trying," He shouted into the phone.

"Bye," Naala hung up when someone stepped into the room,

"Who was that?" Hassan touched her waist,

"No one, are you leaving?" Naala looked at his bags on the floor.

"You know Dess is about to have the baby anytime now," He responded kissing her cheek. "I can't leave her,"

"I know," She nodded turning around in his arms. "Do you have something for me?"

"You going through these a whole lot more Lala," He put the baggie in her back pocket.

"I'm stressed," She said leaning into him,

"About Mekhi?" He lifted her chin up. "I told you to stop worrying, everything will work out,"

"It's a lot on my own," Naala said softly tilting her neck so he could kiss it.