EPISODE 22

A long chapter because I took my sweet time 🥰

OMNISCIENT

7 YEARS AGO...

"There you go," Sonia rubbed Mekhi's back rocking him. "She's only in the kitchen baby," She sighed.

"I'm coming," Naala called out. She rushed to finish up the bottle and get back to Sonia.

"Thank you so much mama," Naala said taking him from her arms,

"What time will she be here?" Sonia asked helping Naala fix the spit cloth on her shoulder.

"Now," Naala bit her lip, "I'm nervous," She said softly,

"This isn't your first baby girl, he's healthy and well looked after, nothing to worry about," Sonia touched her shoulder.

Naala was on edge because Mekhi's paediatrician was doing a home visit,

"I'm here, she can't pressure you," Sonia reassured her, "He's baby number —" She trailed off to let Naala finish it.

"In total, he is number eleven, including the ones not here with us," Naala mumbled, "And without them he's number eight," She said quietly.

"So you've done this 8 times," Sonia said rubbing her shoulder, "Relax," She told her.

Naala looked down at Mekhi and sighed, without Dave she was finding it hard to be a parent.

She struggled to be the mother she knew she could be when she was always on her own.

"I made you a smoothie, to help with the pain," Sonia added as they walked back out of the nursery.

"Thank you," Naala thanked her taking a sip. "You think it will stop soon?" She asked her.

"It should do, or we can try expressing," Sonia suggested, "That happened to me after I had Chanel, your body is just adjusting to it,"

"Did you ever want more children other than Chanel and Amir?" Naala questioned, a way to take her mind of what was yet to happen.

"No I was happy with the two of them," Sonia smiled lightly, "And when Senior got locked up, that took away all my chances,"

"That's sad," Naala pouted, "I want more babies but with Amir --"

"More?" Sonia's eyes widened, "Lala aren't you tired?"

"Having his kids makes him happy and when my husband is happy, so am I," Naala recited, a like she had learned from her dad.

"Naala what makes you happy?" Sonia touched her hand, "Without David, forget about David for now, what makes you happy?"

"Nothing," Naala said with a frown, "He is my happiness, my life with him is my happiness,"

Sonia sighed and shook her head, taking Naala to the couch to sit down.

"Naala you're like a daughter to me," She said to her, "Not like, you are my daughter, I've known you since you were 15,"