EPISODE 21

Took me long but it's a nice long chapter for y'all so I hope you enjoy ❣️

I took long because when y'all don't comment I don't feel like writing, it feels like no one is reading anymore so why bother 🤷🏽‍♀️

OMNISCIENT

INGLEWOOD, LOS ANGELES

A cold breeze passed over Malani, causing her to shoot up in a hurry.

"She's fine," Katy mumbled in his sleep, his hands still over her waist.

"Maybe I should just check on her," Malani said getting out of the bed. She walked to the end of it and put her hand under Ezra's nose.

"She's breathing," Katy told her, turning on the lamp beside their bed.

"I feel weird," Malani looked back at him, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"You're nervous, that's normal," He nodded, "Bring her closer and come back to bed,"

Malani was a ball of nerves with Ezra. She heard what happened with Alaiya and now she's afraid her daughter won't wake up.

Malani rolled the bassinet closer to her side of the bed and got back in next to him.

"You need to sleep," Katy rubbed her back, kissing her face.

"I'm sleeping," She nodded cuddling into him more. Katy kissed her cheek and her lips, closing his eyes.

"Maybe I should just —"

"Malani come on," He groaned pulling her closer. "Stop," He said to her quietly.

"You don't get it, I'm scared," She welled up,

"You don't have to be scared, Alaiya is okay and so is Ezra," Katy reminded her, "Everything is good," He added.

"It doesn't feel like that," Malani sniffed, "There's something wrong, I can feel it,"

"Relax, I'm here," He said rubbing her back. Katy knew she was anxious about Ezra but everything else happening didn't help.

Malani sniffed into him, getting comfortable to sleep on his chest.

Moments after, her phone starting to ring making them both wake up.

"Mimi are you okay?" Malani answered the phone tiredly,

"No mama and daddy aren't back and I wanted to go out," Aamirah fussed,

"They went on a date or something?" Malani checked the time, wondering where they would be.

"I don't know but can you watch Alaiya?" Aamirah almost begged.

Harlem was taking her out and she didn't want to be stuck at home.

"It's 2am, no the hell I can't," Malani tutted, "You better sit down,"

"Ugh I hate y'all," Aamirah hung up on her.

"Disrespectful little girl," Malani mumbled throwing her phone to the side.

"What happened?" Katy mumbled still asleep,

"Aamirah is a spoilt brat that gets on my nerves," Malani closed her eyes to sleep again, this time with no interruptions.

Meanwhile, Dave and Naala were both fighting for their lives.

"Mama," Mekhi cried pushing her body as hard as he could.