"What is it?" I asked and he looked at Samuel.

"We had a doubt that the infant's brain is damaged."

His words left me speechless. I was feeling like someone hit my head with a thick rod and everything went blur.

"How can you say this...i mean...why..." I was trying to register his words properly. I wasn't able to digest that fact that my fetus has brain damage.

"Mrs Vincent don't panick. It's not good for your pregnancy. It happens... because of damage to a part of brain called white matter, possibly as a result of reduced blood and oxygen supply." I looked at Samuel. He should have told me this before.I am traumatized now. I was really angry.

"Sometimes the brain damage is mild and go unnoticed but in other cases, it's more severe and noticeable as soon as the infant is born.

Brain damage can cause delayed physical development like it may be slow to crawl, sit up, stand up and walk. " He said. And my eyes were full of tears.

"Mrs Vincent relax. I know after your first pregnancy it's quite shocking for you. But I'll try my best." He said and i nodded.

We left the cabin. I was lost in my thoughts when Samuel gripped my wrist.

I didn't paid any attention and continued to walk.

"Jennifer."

"Leave my hand." I was trying to remove his grip without even looking at him.

How could he? He should have told me. We together would have found a solution to this.

I started crying,"I'm sorry..." He said hugging me from behind, I was scared...i didn't wanted you to panic. I was... I'm sorry."

I turned towards him and hugged him back,"I didn't expected this not on my fifth month. Whenever I think that everything is going smooth something happens."

I sobbed in his arms,"I'm here. And together we can go through anything."He patted my back.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I was really concerned about my pregnancy. This news really hit me hard.

I was worried. I was praying every single time for him to recover and came out heathy.

"Don't worry Jenna. It's normal. It happens when you got hit or baby's head got damage. But in your case it's different. Don't loose hope." I was sleeping on mom's lap and she was consoling me

"Ofcourse Jennifer. We'll help him to learn things fast and grow healthy like big bro." Ava said caressing my bump.

"Mom let's go to church."

"Jenna why are you... okay fine... we'll go tomorrow morning. For now just rest okay."

She left the room. I was in my thoughts when i heard a knock.

"Can I come in?"

I turned and saw Ava's friend Elle Frost.

"Come in." I said and she came and sat beside me.

"Did i disturbed you?" She asked when she saw us silent.

"Ofcourse not. We weren't talking anything private." I replied.

"Umm...i was bored so I thought to come here. Robert said that you're not feeling well." She said and i was confused.

"No. I'm absolutely fine. Actually there's some pregnancy issues but the doctor said it's common." I replied praying everything to heal fast.

"Can I?" She asked my permission for touching my baby bump.

I nodded smiling and she kept her small hand on my bump, "How many months?"