Chapter 70

Jennifer's POV.

My head was aching I felt someone lifting me up. I was feeling immense pain.

"Oh my god! You're bleeding." I heard a familiar voice.

I heard the sound of engine and again I was drifting into darkness.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When I woke up I saw lights. I was wearing hospital gown.

I'm in hospital?

I tried to find my phone. But I didn't get. How come I'm here?

I saw a wall clock. It was 9 pm.

The door was opened and a nurse came in,"Where's my phone?" I asked.

"You're awake! How are you feeling? I should inform your family." She said.

"My family is here?"

"Yeah... they were waiting for you to wake up."

"But why? It's been only an hour..." I was confused.

"You're unconscious from 24 hours. It's been a day." She made me realized.

"What? But why...how?" I asked but she calmed me down and said, "I'm informing your family..."

I was restless. Why am I here? And I was unconscious from a day...?

"Jennifer..." I heard Samuel's Voice.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

His eyes were red and puffy. Pink nose and heavy voice. 

I nodded and he hugged me tightly.

I hugged him back.

"I was really scared." He said nuzzling his nose and burying his face in my neck.

"Why am I here?"

"You were unconscious lying on the road. Travis bought you here."  He said cupping my face.

"Travis?"

"How are you Jennifer..." Travis said entering the room. "We were so worried for you!" Mom said entering the room with dad,Eric and Ava.

"How are you feeling..."Dad asked

"Weak..." I said.

"Thank God you're safe." Eric said heaving.

The doctor came in," How are you feeling?" He asked checking my pulse and eyes.

"Good."

"Do you feel any pain?"

"No... I'm feeling numb." I replied.

"You can take her home. She's fine. Plzz take care of her and her diet." He said and left.

He also gave some prescription for medicines.

After all the formalities were done. Samuel came to me," Come let's go home." He said.

"Samuel but why am I here? I mean what happened to me. Am I sick? Is my baby alright?"

"No... you're not sick...and everything is fine." He said in hesitation. He looked sad.

"Then why you all are looking sad and... worried?" I dropped my shoulders in disappointment.

Meanwhile Travis entered inside.

"I'll take my leave now. Take care Jennifer." Travis said with a smile.

Why everyone is behaving like this?