Chapter 39

"Is that everybody?" I ask looking through the van full of people. "Yup!" Jules answers smiling at me. I nod and put my phone away. "So why did you have to get a new number?" Leo asked curiously leaning back to see me. "Stalker issues- my birth dad" I shrug simply. I was almost over it, but their eyes widened.

"Are you serious!? That must be terrifying!" Taylor and Jules both sympathize for me as I watch Lloyd flash me a small smile in the rear view mirror. Ivana gives me a pitied look but then smiles a sad smile as well once we make eye contact.

"I'm honestly surprised they let me come today" I admit with a shrug. Lloyd was sitting in the front driving with Taylor next to him. I hadn't seen Lloyd since that day on the roof. We started dating and then he was in danger. I lost my phone because of the texting so I couldn't tell him.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. I just wanted a hug at least. I wanted to know that he still loved me. Ivana and Leo sat in the middle seats and Jules and me were sitting in the back. I was the last to be picked up or I would be up there. With him.

I'll probably have to cut ties with all of them when they send me back.  Maybe I should just go back to him. Honestly that seems like it would solve lots of things.

"I'm glad they let you come we were all worried about you!" Jules sighs resting her head on my shoulder. I nod putting my head on hers. "Yeah me too- ever since I was dragged into this group I have a hard time doing nothing" I laugh making Leo chuckle.

"Yeah I get that" he adds as we pull into the mall. I sat up and Jules slowly followed. As soon as the car was in park I was unbuckling. I wanted him. I wanted to see him! I waited for Leo and Ivana. Her hand had been on Leo's thigh, so they took a minute.

My eyes went to the mirror where I could see Lloyd. He looked like he didn't want to be here and in no way was in a rush to see me. Seeing this I stopped and sat back down as the couple in front of me got out. When they did I let Jules out first with a hesitant smile and followed.

Lloyd locked the van and I went to his side smiling at him. "Hi" I smile hugging him. He hugs me back rubbing my back. "Hello doll" he whispers but he still seemed out of it.

I sighed and backed away. Damn I had lost him that fast. It's my fault I just don't know how to fix my problems or do things right I guess.

We walked into the mall and I stayed next to him hoping for something. "Guysssss can we please go in here- they have the cutest tops!" Taylor asked while Jules quickly nodded in agreement.

I looked to Lloyd for anything, but he just started to walk into the store. "I think we should go on a vacation together for winter break" Ivana announced as we entered the store drawing everyone's attention.

"We can go to my dads resort!" Jules quickly adds as I looked at her with shock. "Your dad owns a resort!?" I ask and she nods as everybody laughs at me. Apparently I was the only one that didn't know.

"It's the only one. Nature based since my mom is a wildlife biologist. So there's springs and lots of trails" she starts to explain as I listen intently actually interested.

"Okay this is happening- I'm planning!" Ivana makes it loud and clear. "I'm so down" I chuckle getting a high-five from Leo. If they let me go. "How far away is it again?" Taylor asked making us all stop our walking to listen.

"About two hours" she shakes her hand estimating. "That would be so much fun" I cheer getting excited. I quickly stopped myself knowing I wouldn't be able to go.

"Guys we need to do a try on haul- everybody go pick one shirt for Jules and after her we'll do... Ivana" she snickers eyeing the girl. Ivana's eyes widen and she opens her mouth to snap but stops when Leo rests his head on her shoulder.