Chapter 20

The bell rings and I stand taking my things with me. I hate math. Okay I don't. I'm just bored. I don't need to go to school. I plan on being homeless. Or maybe- woah I could be like a stunt double. Not scared of shit.

Tie me to an airplane and boom you got an epic movie shot. I shake my head at my idiotic but possible money making thoughts. Stopping at my locker I put my things away grabbing my stuff for my next class.

My phone buzzes as I close my locker and I grab it knowing only Minnie and Brendon text me. Well I mean sometimes it's like Jules and them but they could just talk to me at school.

There's no contact name so I look over the message.

'Darcy?'

I stare at my phone confused. Like this would be so creepy if I could feel the whole fear factor.

'Wrong number my name is Dean'

I answer so they won't text me again. I expect some apology when I see they're texting back.

'No your name is Darcy, just because you decided to lie to people doesn't mean you can lie to me'

My smile drops at this as I stare at the phone confused.

'Yeah. Umm respectfully fuck off'

I send the text not enjoying the attitude I was given. Once again they text back.

'I see you're still a strong boy'

I don't have time to answer as they are typing again.

'Where do you go to school?'

I stare at the text really questioning if I was dreaming or not.

'Like I'd tell a random stranger that'

I answer with a laughing emoji. Why was this exciting like how come I was enjoying this. I bet everybody would be scared shitless if somebody randomly texted them this.

'Well I want you back Darcy'

I stare at the text and that's when it clicks. This is so a prank. Some kid found out my real name probably from an attendance sheet and is pranking me. Nobody wants me back. Nobody. Which is understandable like I don't care.

The person starts to text again when a firm hand slaps my ass. I don't react or flinch in any way but roll my eyes wondering who decided to touch me like that. Shutting my phone off I turn and immediately smile seeing Lloyd.

Putting my phone in my pocket I ignore it as it buzzes again. He moves keeping a hand on my ass and I smile moving closer. "Hello lover boy" I hum putting my now free hand on his cheek.

He looks down at me with this almost loving smile which was so weird to me. "Dean my adorable doll" he hums.

What are we doing? What was this? Why did I love it. I really hate this. Come on Dean no dating. No friendships! "How was class?" I ask disregarding it all.

"It's class- it's boring... but how was yours?" He smiles moving his other arm to hug me completely. I smile our faces getting closer. "Like you said, so fucking boring" I mumble.

I give him a quick peck and he hums to himself. "Where's your stuff, you'll be late to class" I remind him. "Already set it down in class" he smiles proudly.

"What? What were you doing sprinting to your locker and back" I laugh imagining him dodging kids in the hall. "Precisely" he just makes me laugh knowing that really did happen.

"And why?" I continue to pry. The boy gives me a nervous laugh and I stare at him waiting. "I wanted to catch you before you went to class" he admits and I gush over the soft jock in front of me.

"Awww you really are such a lover boy" I mumble giving him another kiss. "Only for you" he adds as we pull apart. "You're an idiot a cute idiot but an idiot" I laugh watching his adorable face light up.

"Do you want me to stay after or something?" I ask curious and he shakes his head. "I just really craved my doll at the moment" he mumbles into my neck. I stand a little surprised at this but eventually smile into the hug.

"Now get to class before you're late. You're supposed to be on the other side of the school right now" I laugh pushing him away. He chuckles but nods and I raise an eyebrow watching him leave. He had such a happy walk and it made me happy.

Jules walked by him and they stopped to talk for a bit before she saw me. When she did her face went white. I curiously sent her a smaller wave and she smiled speed walking over.

"Hello Dean" she giggles rocking back and forth on her feet. "Hello Jules" I copy her and she smiles looking at her feet. " I um- I want to admit something or well tell you something" she whispers making me internally cringe.

Please don't. Trust me I already know Jules. You're adorable. You're cute. A nice person. Would be a wonderful girlfriend but I don't feel the same way. Something about the way Lloyd is with me.

Just thinking of him gets me excited. Try to think rationally. Don't flat out tell her no because it'll hurt her and that will screw things up for me. Ivana is gonna go bat shit crazy.

"What's up? Something bothering you?" I asked watching her grip her arm nervously. "No I just ya know" she mumbles. "I actually don't know" yes I do. God I so know where this is going.

"We got class soon though so if you neeed to tell me after school that's fine" I attempt to get out of it. After school I'll just dip. She won't even have time. "No I need to tell you now..." she starts loud before trailing off.

"Okay..." I wait for her to say the embarrassing words I didn't want to hear. She rocks back and forth before taking a deep breath.

"Dean I- well I have a crush on you. I like you more than a friend" she admits it a lot easier than I thought she would... Damn it she said it out loud now I have to reject nicely. How do you say no nicely. Ivana is gonna beat my ass. That women is getting on my nerves.

"Really?" I play dumb hoping to spare me some time. "Yeah- I thought it was obvious... guess not" she smiles at me. "Why me?" I move onto the next thing hoping this one buys me even more time.

"What do you mean why me? It's so obvious!" She giggles as I stare at my shoes concentrating like my life depends on it. How do I not hurt her. Why can't I think of a way to not hurt her. This is so irritating. I really wish I was scared... then maybe I would be fearful of hurting her and the words might come out.

"Is it really?" I ask looking her over and she nods hugging her stuff to her chest. "Let's see... your looks, you're funny, super smart, you actually try to make me feel better. Like the night at the game. They were making fun of you but you didn't say anything. As soon as they said something about Taylor and I you shot back at them. I appreciate that so much!" She steps even closer again.

"Oh well I mean-" I know! I know how to end this somewhat peacefully. "I wouldn't not stand up for my friends" I put a hard emphasis on the word friends and she doesn't even let it phase her. Jules smiles nicely and looks at me with a nod.

Then it happens my lord and savior. The bell. Quite literally saved by the bell. She flinched at the sudden loud noise looking down the hall where her class was going to be.

"Would you like to talk about this later, so you're not late?" I ask and she bites her lip but nods tipping back and forth. "Yes that would be best- I'm sorry I don't like being late, but thank you for listening to me!" She whispers before booking it down the hall.

I sigh and lean back against my locker. "Damn..." What is going on? Like this whole thing with my adopted parents? Are they scared of me? Are they getting rid of me? What's going on with Morgan- and what's the secret something. Oh and this random person texting me? Like why is my life suddenly so full of adventure?

Then there's Lloyd. Lloyd.... Lloyd- Lloyd! Lloyd Tanner... what is going on with me? Then Jules... I don't want to hurt her but at the same time I'm not scared to hurt her...

There's a sudden pain in my heart and I cringe dropping my stuff and putting my hand on my locker to hold myself up. "Fuck- not right now" I huff trying to make it not so obvious that I was suffering.

When I finally get myself together I calmly grab my stuff.

"I'll figure it out"