Chapter 54

Renee drove along the streets of Iowa. She made a turn onto another road and kept driving. Roux was in the back of the car babbling and throwing her hands up in the air. Kevin had hopped up in the passenger seat next to Renee, watching out the window as she drove.

She pulled onto a a path that lead through the woods, and she kept driving until she saw another car with its headlights on. She drove next to it and saw Joe sitting inside. "Hey Renee." He turned off the car and they both got out. "Have you heard from any of them?"

Renee shook her head. "I just talked to Becks right before i left to make sure she was ok with the plan." When Joe nodded and brought out his phone, Renee saw the video that was playing on the news. "Damn! She really done it."

Joe smirked and nodded. "She's amazing." He said shaking his head. They both turned their heads when they heard Roux crying. "Is that little Roux?"

Renee nodded and moved to the back of the car. She opened the car door and grabbed Roux. "Shhh. It's ok Roux! It's Auntie Nee and Uncle Joe!" Renee walked back towards Joe so he could see her, and when Roux laid her little eyes on him she stopped crying. "You wanna hold her? I'm gonna call Jon and make sure everything is okay.

Joe nodded and took Roux in his arms while Renee wondered off.

Colby sat in the dark in his cell waiting for his chance to escape. He had sat in there for a week now, and to be honest he didn't think Rebecca would come up with a plan good enough for him to escape and to not get caught.

He had been sitting on his bed for almost 3 hours waiting for his "signal" to get out. It's not going as planned. He thought holding a picture of Rebecca and Roux. The plan didn't work. He sat back and tossed the picture aside dropping his head into his hands.

He made sure the key was in his pocket before he laid down looking up at the ceiling.

He was almost asleep until he heard Police officers running down his hall. He got up and walked to his cell door to look out. He didn't understand what was going on but when he looked up at the tv he saw his house on fire. Shit! What happened?! Colby started panicking wondering what had happened to his fiancée and daughter.

Maybe this is my signal. There's not one cop here except for the one in the front office. And i need to go through the exit door, so i won't be near him. Colby looked around and saw where he needed to go.

He grabbed the key out of his pocket and unlocked his cell door. He slowly pushed it open, trying to keep a low cover. He slipped out and walked casually to the door and opening it slowly. He walked out and saw a black jeep sitting under a tree. ...I'm caught. He started to walk back inside when he seen a familiar face walking towards him.

Jon ran up and hugged him tight. "Dude! I'm glad to see you, but we need to go. The cops will be back at any moment." Jonathan and Colby ran to the car and hopped in. Jonathan sped off as the cops pulled in, turning off the headlights so they wouldn't see him.

Jon was smiling big realizing that their plan had worked. He grabbed Colby's arm and shook it. "Bro! You're free! You're freakin free man!" Jon said excitedly. Colby smiled then looked down. "Dude what's wrong?"

Colby looked back up at him. "What happened?" When Jon looked at him with furrowed eyebrows he continued. "What happened to our house? Colby said tearing up. "Jon what happened, are they okay?"

Jon grabbed his worried friend's shoulder. "It's best if you wait till we get there."

Colby looked up at him and wiped his eyes. "What the heck happened!" Colby looked around at where they were and didn't recognize it. "Jonathan! Tell me  happened!"

Jonathan pulled into a parking lot where two other cars were. He got out real quick and rushed to one of the vehicles. Colby followed him and when he saw Joe, Joe pulled him into a hug. "How you doing man? We told you we would get you out!" Joe pulled back and ruffled Colby's hair.

Colby looked around and saw Renee. She ran over and hugged him tight. "I'm so glad to see you! We told you our plan would work!" She pulled back and motioned for him to follow her. She opened up the back car door to reveal a sleeping Roux and Kevin.

Colby's eyes lit up as he ran a hand over his daughter's face. He teared up as he bent down and kissed her cheek. "Hi baby..." He whispered, carefully not to wake her up. He kissed her cheek again. "Daddy's missed you Roux bear... i'm so happy to see you."

Joe and Jonathan huddled up behind the car. "Have you heard from Becks? I'm getting worried." Joe said.

Jonathan looked around and pulled out his phone. "No she's not texted me." He looked back up at Joe. "I mean she blew the house up, she should be here soon." Jonathan said.

After Colby kissed on his daughter he stepped back and looked towards the others. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when they heard someone running towards them. Joe and Jon grabbed their flashlights but before they used them they saw Rebecca come into view.

When Rebecca blew up the house she ran as fast as she could towards their meeting spot. If she had a car it would have been easier, but someone would have saw her if she drove away.

Colby's teared up face turned into a happy one when he and Rebecca ran towards each other. He caught her effortlessly and hugged her as close as he could. He sat her back down and gave her a dizzying kiss before pulling her back into a hug. "Oh god babe. I thought you died!"

Rebecca pulled back and cupped his face. "It was all part of the plan Lopez." She connected their lips as her hands found their way to his neck while his found their way to her waist. "I can't believe this worked!" She exclaimed happily.

Lost in the City (Brollins)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara