Chapter 11

Maybe we are going to fast. Rebecca thought as her and Colby were currently at her bakery eating with Ashley, Mercedes, and Pam. Colby had already met Pam, since they work together, and he hadn't officially met Ashley because when they had met, she was drunk, so he was hoping Mercedes and Ashley would approve of him.

Mercedes was currently talking about how her and Fergal had met. She talked about how they had dated for almost 6 months before they said their first "I love you's", and how they dated for another year and 9 months before he had proposed. Colby and Rebecca had known each other for seven months now, and they have been dating for four of them. Everyone's relationships happen differently. They all progress at a different rate, She told herself. Her and Colby had a spark as soon as they met, and they were both the happiest they have ever been. Colby was her best friend and lover all in one, so she wanted to tell him how much he meant to her. And Colby did the same, he said the "i love you" first and had had said it every day ever since.

"We are planning on having our wedding this summer." Mercedes and Fergal had been planning their wedding for a while now, but they never set an official date. "So if you three are willing... i'd like you to be my bridesmaids."

"YAY. Of course babe!" Ashley hugged her as they all smiled. "I've been waiting to be in a wedding for ever."

Pam hugged Mercedes next, "I'd be happy to." Mercedes clapped her hands and smiled real big.

Mercedes looked over at Colby and Rebecca. "Becks?"

Rebecca smiled and leaned over the table to hold Mercedes's hand. "Of course i will. Have you set the official date?"

Mercedes took out her phone, "Well i would like it to be around the 21st or the 22nd. That way we have time to plan it. Are you guys free?"

Colby looked at Rebecca. Mercedes had barely acknowledged that Colby was even there, and Ashley, Pam, Rebecca, and Colby himself had noticed it. Before Mercedes got there, the four of them got along well, and Ashley approved of him. She just told Rebecca to be careful, and if he makes her happy then she's happy. And of course, Pam had already became friends with Colby, so she approved too.

Rebecca wanted Colby to not feel left out, but when he tensed up beside her she knew how he felt. She placed her hand on his thigh and gave him a sympathetic smile. "Well i would have to find out if i'm free or not. Who else is invited?"

Mercedes looked through her note page. "Of course you three, Tony, Kevin, Gionna, Trinity, my family, and his."

Pam and Ashley took a drink from their sodas and looked away. Colby just pulled out his phone and rubbed his hand over Rebecca's. "Uhm are we allowed a plus one?"

"Of course! Just make sure we know them first."

"So can i bring Colby? Ya know my boyfriend who i wanted you three to meet, but someone acts like he's not even here."

Mercedes scoffed. "Well i'm sorry. Its not my fault that you brought someone in here that don't deserve you. Are you kidding me Becks? You just got out of an abusive relationship and you are getting into another one that won't even last? I'm just being a good friend here."

"What the heck Mercedes!" Pam whispered yelled.

"No i'm not doing this. I just wanted you to meet my boyfriend Mercedes. He's not just a replacement for Luke, i love him."

"You said you loved Luke too, until he almost killed you."

Colby spoke up. "Mercedes look, i will never hurt her, i love her. And i understand you are trying to be a good friend, but we're happy, and i feel like you should be happy for her-"

"Uhm i'm sorry, i didn't ask to speak to her little lap dog. Rebecca, i don't trust him ok? He gives me VERY bad vibes, like worse than Luke. I love you, Becks but i don't think you should be with him."

Rebecca placed her tip down. "Uhm, thank you Ashley and Pam for this delightful lunch, but me and Colby have places to be."

Ashley got up and gave her a hug and so did Pam. They even gave Colby one. Mercedes' stood up, "Becks are you mad at me? I'm just trying to look out for you."

Rebecca glared at her before looking up at Colby. "I understand that Mercedes, but you didn't even give him a chance. Thanks for coming girls."

Colby smiled. "Yeah thank you, uhm it was nice meeting you Ashley, you too Mercedes. I will see you at work Pam." He then grabbed Rebecca's hand and they walked out of her bakery.

Gionna had seen her walk out and covered her shift for her. Rebecca and Colby walked around the street holding each others hands. "Becks...Are you ok?"

Rebecca pulled him into a hug. "I'm so sorry Colby. Don't listen to her, she just..."

"Loves you? Yeah i know Becks. She's just looking out for you. But i promise, i will never hurt you. I'm not Luke ok? And it doesn't bother me that she doesn't like me, as long as i've got you i'm happy." He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

Rebecca leaned up and connected their lips brushing her fingers through his hair. "I love you Colby."

He smiled and kissed her again. "I love you."