Chapter 53

Rebecca knew what she had to do to protect her family. She had almost a week to come up with a plan, and she didn't like any of them. But when she heard the judge say how long Colby was supposed to be in jail, she finally agreed to Jon's plan...

Back at the house before the trial:
Holly had just left and now they were brainstorming ideas again. Renee raised her hand first. "Colby could fake his death." When they all looked at her like she had two heads she elaborated. "I mean...once the guards leave he could fake his death, and one of us can be in disguise as a nurse to get him out."

Joe just started laughing. "Renee...i love you ok, but that's not a good idea." He shook his head and ran his hands down his face. "How about this." Joe clapped his hands together and looked at everyone. "Since i'm his lawyer, and i'm going to be with him, why don't we get into a car and get away before the trial starts."

Rebecca bounced Roux in her arms. "Joe no!" She exclaimed. "He will be on the run for the rest of his life...we wouldn't be able to hide anywhere."

They all sat in silence once again. Jonathan looked up at Rebecca with furrowed eyebrows. "I have an idea."

Rebecca sat down beside of him listening carefully. "Why don't we give him a key so that he can get out of his cell once the guards leave." Rebecca immediately shook her head before Jon continued. "No Rebecca listen for just one second!" She looked back over at him, giving him a signal to continue. "Us four can set up a location we're we could all meet up and escape."

Rebecca looked over at Joe who was listening carefully to his words. "How would we even get a key Jon?"

"You're his damn lawyer Joe! You will have access to the storage room so you can get one when you're back there." Jon said excitedly. He looked over at Rebecca who had her attention on Roux. "Becks...?"

Rebecca shook her head and kissed Roux's forehead. She knew that  they had to come up with something where Colby wouldn't have to suffer. "Ok." She nodded slowly and looked over at Jon. "Let's make it work."

End of flashback-

Rebecca had just walked through the door of their house. She saw Holly sitting on the couch watching the news while Roux played in the floor with Kevin. She went over to Holly, who stood up and gave her a big hug. "Holly are you okay?"

Holly shook her head and squeezed harder. "I won't be until i know my son is." She pulled back and cupped Rebecca's cheeks. "I watched it on the news and saw how it ended. Why didn't you tell me you were attacked?"

"Uhm...i didn't want to bother you Holly." Rebecca said shaking her head.

"Oh honey! You wouldn't have bothered me! I would have gotten Brandon to come over here and help you!" Holly sat her hands on her hips and looked at her. "He could have killed you...and i would have never known." She said in a whisper.

Oh...my...god. Is she...crying...over me? Rebecca shook her head and hugged Holly again. "I love you Rebecca...i know i've never told you that. And i know i'll never be your mother but...i love you just like your my own." Rebecca smiled. hearing Holly's words. "You came into my sons life and helped him in so many ways...you even gave me my first grandchild." Holly chuckled as they pulled away. "I would have tried to protect you in any way i could."

I think Holly cares more about me than my own mother does. Rebecca smiled. "Holly i hope you know i love you too." Roux crawled over to Rebecca and wrapped her arms around her ankle. Rebecca looked down and smiled at her daughter, picking her up. "Hi baby!" She said kissing her cheek. Rebecca then looked back at Holly while Roux tugged at her hair. "Thank you for watching her. I think i'm going to start a fire to get warm and go to sleep." Rebecca said chuckling.

Holly smiled and kissed her granddaughter on the cheek. "You call me Rebecca if you need anything. I'm just a few houses down...try to get some rest dear." Holly then left the house shutting the door behind her.

Rebecca looked out of the window and waited for Holly to leave. Oh my god. How and i supposed to do this to her? That woman is about to have a heart attack. Rebecca said thinking about their plan.

Rebecca went upstairs and gathered baby supplies and clothes and put them in a bag. She gathered three of Roux's toys and headed back downstairs. She went out the back door and out to her running car with Kevin running behind her. She gave Roux her pacifier and kissed her cheek, sitting her in her car seat while Kevin hopped into the car. "Shhh. It's okay baby." Rebecca cooed. Once Roux was buckled she have her face multiple kisses and smiled, resting her forehead against hers gently. "I've got most of her stuff in the floor board."

Rebecca looked up at the drivers seat to reveal Renee. "I've got her Becks...she'll be alright until we get there." Renee gave her a reassuring smile. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Rebecca looked at her with a sad smile. "No...but i'm determined to get my husband back." Rebecca bent down and ruffled Kevin's fur and kissed Roux's cheek. "I love you Roux bear..." Then she stepped back and shut the door. She watched as Renee drove off then she went back into the house.

She looked at her phone and saw that she had a text from Joe.

The key had the time and place on it. Colby knows where to go.

Ok good. Thanks Joe:)

Rebecca then went into the kitchen to start baking a pie. She sliced all of the fruits and put them in. She turned on the oven then placed the pie inside...before turning the ovens temperature even higher. She quickly walked upstairs and packed some essentials in her bag. She also grabbed some of Colby's clothes and essentials and stuffed them inside draping the bag over her shoulders.

She walked back downstairs to be met by tons of smoke and the fire alarm going off throughout the house. She walked into the kitchen and opened up the oven before pouring gasoline on the pie. She then ran out the back door while the house blew up in flames.