Chapter 12

As soon as Rebecca and Colby had gotten to his apartment, they stripped each other's clothes off. They started in the kitchen, then they moved to the bed, and then they ended up screwing in the shower. Later that night they ended up in the bed, and little kevin joined them for a good nights sleep.

Whether it was hers or his, they had been staying at each other's apartment. After Joe had came to Colby's when they were in the middle of rough sex, he told them just to move into one apartment, but Rebecca thought they were moving to fast. She loved Colby, but she wanted to take things slow.

The next morning they had woken up tangled in the bed, both of their phones ringing. "Babe, shut the phone off."

Rebecca moaned and turned hers off but Colby never moved. "Colby."

He then turned over, looked at his phone and realized they were late for work. "Crap. Rebecca were late. That was Pam calling me."

Rebecca jumped up and looked at hers. "And that was Gionna calling me. We must have forgot to set an alarm."

"Well i kind of forgot a lot of things last night after you know we-"

Rebecca cut him off with a rough kiss. "I'll head back to my apartment to get ready. Text me when you get to work." She says putting her shoes on. Colby wrapped his arms around her waist and laid her back on the bed leaving a trail of kisses down her neck. "Colby, love i have to open up the bakery." She stood up and kissed him before grabbing her stuff and heading to the door. "You have a good day ok? I'll see you tonight!"

"Ok love you!" He called out as she left. He then went and got ready and left his apartment before heading to work.

Rebecca pulled up to the bakery and ran to the front. Gionna, Trinity, Kevin, and the other workers were waiting for her. "I am so sorry. I woke up late." She got to the door and pulled out her keys and unlocking the bakery.

Gionna and Trinity looked at each other and smirked. "Woke up late huh... you sure it wasn't because of that Lopez." Trinity smacked Rebecca's butt as she walked past her.

Rebecca turned around and blushed. "Maybe. But we have work to do so let's get busy." Gionna and Trinity grabbed their aprons and started taking orders.

Ashley and Leah came in a few minutes later and ordered some treats. Rebecca smiled and waved, and brought their food to them. "Hey you two. Leah how have you been, i've not seen you in a while!"

Leah hugged her and smiled. "I've been good! We need to have a girls night, i've missed you. How have you been, a little birdie told me you're seeing someone, how's that going?"

Rebecca smiled and sat down beside them. "Ash, really?"

"Yes Becks! I've never seen you so happy so i had to tell her, plus i'm with her all the time, we work together."

"Well hopefully you can meet him soon. His name is Colby and we have been dating for four months now, and we're just so happy." Leah smiled and clapped her hands. "How are you and that Corey guy."

"We're great actually! He proposed the other night, so we're getting married!"

Rebecca's mouth dropped and she got up to hug her again. "I'm so happy for you Leah! Hopefully i can be invited to the wedding..."

"Of course babe. You can bring that Colby with ya too. I'd love to meet him."

At least someone wants us at their wedding. She hasn't even meet you Colby and she likes you already. "Thanks Leah... i better get back to work i'll talk to you guys later."

"Bye Becks!" Ashley called out.

Rebecca finished up her day at work and was cleaning the bakery now that everyone had left. When she got done she gathered her things and walked out to her car, however when she got in she had 14 missed calls. Oh no. What happened? She picked it up and realized it was Fergal who called. She dialed his number and called him back. "Hello?"

"Becks? Hey! I need you to get to the hospital right now!"

Rebecca panicked and started her car. "Ok... is everything ok? What happened?!"

She heard Fergal sniff and sigh. "Mercedes is in the hospital."

Rebecca's eyes went wide and her eyes started watering. "What? Is she ok? What happened Fergal?"

"She got into a car accident... they ran her off the side of the road and into a tree." She heard him start sobbing. "They don't think she's gonna make it Becks."

Rebecca hung up the phone and sped out of the parking lot crying. Colby called her a few minutes later. "Rebecca? Babe are you ok?"

"No i'm not ok!" She says sobbing.

"Ok calm down love, i'll meet you at the hospital ok? Where are you?"

"I just left the bakery. I should be there shortly... how did you know that Mercedes was hurt?"

"Ashley called me and told me to look for you and she told me what happened. Just think positive Becks, she'll be ok."

"I'll try. I'll see you soon."

She hung up the phone and tried to concentrate on driving but as she kept crying, she couldn't even see straight. I can't lose her. She's one of my best friends.
She kept on driving, but there was so much traffic she had to sit in, that it took a while to even get close to the hospital. "By the time i get there she's not even going to be alive." She said out loud as she started crying again.