Chapter 42

When Rebecca and Colby finally arrived home, they went straight to their daughter, who was playing in her play pin. Rebecca bent down and picked her up giving her kisses while Colby hugged his mother. "Hey mom. Was she good?"

Holly chuckled and gave her son a squeeze. "She's always good ain't you baby." She said moving to Rebecca and squishing Roux's cheeks. "Did you two have a good evening out?"

Colby gave Rebecca and look, "Yeah we just walked around the park and ate. It was nice to have some us time". Rebecca smiled at Holly while she carried Roux to the kitchen. "Thank you for staying with her Holly, we really appreciate it."

"Well of course! You call me whenever you need me." Holly followed Rebecca and gave her a side hug before giving Roux another kiss on the cheek. "I'll talk to you later sweetheart." She said leaving the kitchen. She grabbed her purse and then turned towards Colby giving him a hug. "Love you honey, i'll see you later."

Colby wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. "See you mom." He said helping her out the door. He walked back into the kitchen to see Rebecca breastfeeding Roux.

Rebecca looked up with a confused look. "So what now?"

Colby furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"What do we do now that Randy is locked up?"

Colby walked further into the kitchen and stood across from her. "We move on with our life. We just forget about him."

Rebecca nodded. Once Roux was done she passed her to Colby for him to burp her, while Rebecca fixed her clothes. "So now that he's locked up, i was thinking..."

Colby smiled and rolled his eyes. "Oh lord." He says bouncing Roux. "Let's here mommy's thoughts."

Rebecca chuckled and smiled. "If they are ok with it, i think i'm ready to start baking again." She said hopping from foot to foot.

Colby tilted his head and smiled. "Really?! That would be awesome Becks! I'll text them in the morning and ask if they'll start."

Rebecca walked up to him and kissed his cheek. "Thanks babe." She walked over to the sink and washed some of Roux's bottles. "I don't know i guess i just...after Randy attacking...i want my life to go back to somewhat normal." She paused and put her bottles on a rack. "I also texted some people on Randy's phone so they wouldn't get suspicious about where he was."

Colby nodded and sat Roux down in her bouncer once he finished burping her. "Ok that's good. His car has a tracker on it so i'm going to drive it into the woods so they'll think he's camping." He said walking back into the kitchen.

Rebecca nodded and turned the faucet off before wiping her hands off on a towel. "Ok good. Hopefully no one finds out about him." She said going to the fridge to get food out, laying it on the counter. "Our neighbors, Montez and Bianca, are coming over for dinner tonight."

Colby shook his head curiously. "Say what now? Since when?"

"Since she asked to hang out." Rebecca said taking tin foil off of some food. "They seem really nice Colby, and we need to fit in with the neighbors. And so far only them and Tom and Thea have spoken to us, so let's give them a shot ok?"

Colby nodded and walked to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "What all are you fixing? Anything i can help with?"

Rebecca shrugged and grabbed a knife to chop up some vegetables. "I think i'm just going to fix different pasta's, that way they can choose which pasta they would rather have." He nodded then nuzzled her neck.

Colby smiled against her neck, before kissing her there. "I'm sorry about Randy doing that to you. We would have never left if we knew he was coming."

Rebecca just gave him a sad smile. "I know honey, it's not your fault. It ain't Jonathan and Joe's either." She tilted her head and gave him a kiss. "I'll cover it up before they get here, but can you boil some water for me?"

He smiled and kissed her neck once again. "Of course."

A little while later they had everything fixed. Of course Rebecca did most of the cooking, but she appreciated Colby helping her out. He set the dining room table while Rebecca got Roux ready for bed. After the little baby's bath, Rebecca put her to bed before coming back down to the dining room. "She's in bed. They should be here in a few minutes." She said looking towards Colby.

Colby nodded and smiled, and then the door bell rang. "They're here." Colby walked past her and kissed her head before they walked to the door. He opened it up, "Hey guys! It's nice to see you!" Colby shook Montez's hand while Rebecca shook Bianca's.

"Yeah thank you for having us!" Montez replied shaking Rebecca's hand.

Colby and Rebecca stepped back and let them in. "You have a beautiful home!" Bianca said looking around. "Oh, i love the decorations! Where did you get them?"

Rebecca smiled. "Thank you so much! It took us a while but we finally got it to look like the home we've always wanted. I think i got most of these from Hobby Lobby but i'm not sure."

Bianca nodded and then turned to see Colby and Montez talking. "How's the baby doing? Last time i saw her she was a newborn."

Rebecca smiled again. "She's great! She's actually upstairs sleeping. I was thankfully, able to get her to sleep while you two were here."

They both turned when they heard Colby and Montez laughing. When they had toned down a bit Montez looked around. "I don't know what you fixed, but it smells amazing in here!"

Rebecca smiled and led them towards the dining room. "Well i fixed all kinds of foods so we can all dig in!" She motioned for them to sit down while Colby went and got some wine.

A few minutes later they were all sitting around the table eating and chatting happily. Montez and Bianca were actually really nice, and Rebecca was enjoying spending time with them. In a way, Bianca reminded her of Leah, which made Rebecca's heart warm. She missed her friends dearly, so making some new ones were a good thing for her.

They had stayed for an hour before they needed to get home. "Thank you so much for inviting us! You two are so nice, i really enjoyed this." Bianca said as she gave Rebecca a hug.

"Well thank you for coming! We enjoyed having you guys here!" Rebecca stepped back and let Colby shake their hands.

"It was nice seeing y'all! We'll see you later!" Colby waved as they walked out the door.

Colby shut and locked the door before turning towards Rebecca. "I really like them."

Rebecca smiled and nodded cleaning up a few plates. "I do too. I'm glad we're making friends."

Colby nodded and helped her with the plates. "Yeah me too. We need some normal people, who's not trying to kill us in our life."