Chapter 50

Rebecca got up Wednesday morning and got ready, before getting Roux ready. In two days she would be going to court for her fiancé's case. She was scared because she knew he was guilty, but she was hoping something would happen and he wouldn't end up in jail. She missed having him around, she missed his smile, she missed his laugh...she missed her best friend.

As she was driving to the prison she was trying not to cry thinking about the outcome of his case. Roux was in her car seat playing with her bear. She had called the prison and asked when visiting times were, so she was going to get there as early as possible. She wanted him to have some time to spend some time not only with her, but with Roux too. Although Roux was a baby, she would look around the house for her daddy, so Rebecca knew she wasn't the only one who missed him.

Rebecca pulled into the prison and checked in with the guards. They let her through and she went and parked. She got out of the car and got Roux out before they walked inside. She walked up to the window and hit the button. The officer looked up and picked up their speaker. "How can i help you?"

"We're here to see Colby Lopez." Rebecca said fixing Roux in her arms. The officer buzzed the gate open while another one went and got Colby. The officer at the desk stood up and walked her through the halls.

She held Roux close to her chest as they saw other prisoners yelling and banging on their cells. The officer stopped at a door and opened it to reveal a room, and on the far back wall Colby was sitting in a chair with one hand cuffed to the table, and he was waiting to see her.

"You have 10 minutes." The officer said closing the door. Colby's smile lit up the room when he saw her walking towards him.

Rebecca dropped Roux down, and Roux started crawling around. Rebecca then crashed into Colby. "Hey baby..." He had one hand cuffed to the table so he wrapped his other one around her.

Rebecca pulled back and he connected their lips. She then bent down and picked up Roux. "Someone's missed her daddy." Rebecca said handing Roux to Colby.

Roux smiled and giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck. Colby wrapped his arm around her and kissed her cheek multiple times. "I've missed you too baby." He gave her another kiss before sitting her in his lap. Rebecca sat down in the chair in front of him. "Did they tell you when the trial starts?"

Rebecca nodded. "Yeah..." She sighed. "Colby how did they even find out?" She said keeping her voice low. "Joe and Jon buried him...how would they even find him, and why were they even looking for him?"

Colby shook his head and looked down at Roux who was sucking her fingers. "I don't know love." Colby reached his cuffed hand halfway over the table to hold Rebecca's hand. "We're going to be okay, Becks."

Rebecca grabbed his hand and teared up. "Colby...i'm going to come up with a plan okay? You are not-"

"Rebecca listen to me. This isn't your fault, you don't need to do anything to get me out of here-"

"Colby no." Rebecca said shaking her head. "You are not staying in here." She lowered her voice and leaned in closer. "If you are found guilty i will come up with a plan okay? I won't let you suffer in here."

Colby looked at her with a sad smile on his face. "Becks... i don't even know if i'll make it out of here."

Rebecca looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

"Rebecca, i've killed a lot of people..." He lowered his voice down as he continued. "If i'm found guilty i'll probably get the death penalty..."

Rebecca shook her head again. "That's what i'm saying though, honey. Me, Joe, Jonathan, and Renee are trying to come up with a plan. We're going to get you out of here sooner than later."

Colby looked down when Roux giggled looking up at him. He lowered his head smiling, and kissed her cheek. "Is it scary?" When Colby looked at her with furrowed eyebrows she continued. "Being in prison..."

Colby chuckled and looked back up at her. "It's...yeah...it kind of is." She squeezed his hand lightly. "I just miss being home...with you and this little one." Colby said bouncing Roux on his knee.

Rebecca looked back at the clock and saw that she had a minute left. "Uhm...we have a minute left." Rebecca stood up and went over to Colby giving him a hug. "I love you so much...just try hang on to that okay?"

Colby nodded and connected their lips once, twice, then once again before hugging Roux goodbye. "I love you both so much." Colby teared up again before giving Rebecca another hug. The officer opened up the door when Rebecca got close enough.

She stopped in the door frame and looked back at Colby with a sad smile. Roux turned around in her mothers arms and waved towards her daddy. "Bye baby!" Colby said waving back. Then he watched as his future wife and his daughter walked away.