Chapter 41

They  called Holly and asked if she could come and babysit, and then they went to the coffee shop to see Randy. The shop has already closed so Colby and Rebecca didn't have to worry about people seeing them. They walked down to the basement and went inside.

Randy stood up and banged on the cage. "Well, well, well...if it isn't Colby Lopez." Randy sounded pissed but then burst out laughing. "Where have you been man?"

Colby walked up to the cage and unlocked it. He pushed the door open and tackled Randy. He threw punch after punch and kick after kick, making him bleed. He grabbed him by his throat and put him against the wall choking him. Randy tried to fight back but Colby kicked him in the balls, making him wince. "You're lucky i don't tear out your vocal chords!" Colby yelled holding a knife to Randy's throat.

Randy just laughed and then spit in his face. Rebecca just stood there watching the scene in front of her. Colby tightened his grip on him making Randy's face turn purple. Colby then stabbed him in the hip making Randy yelp. "That's for touching my wife." He then slammed his hand against the wall and let him slump down on the ground.

Colby walked out of the cage and locked the door. Randy just held the wound wincing. Once Randy caught his breath he started laughing. "Good to see you too."

Colby just shook his head. "You're insane. Coming after my wife and my daughter?! What's wrong with you?!" Colby yelled banging a fist on the wall.

Randy stood back up and looked at him. "It ain't my fault you wasn't there, and i would have never been looking for them if you and your stupid friends hadn't left me for dead."

"You deserved to die, you still do." Colby said shaking his head.

"Then why don't you kill me huh? All you have to do is open this stupid cage and rip my heart out, so do it." Randy stepped closer and banged his fist on the glass. "Do it!"

Colby stepped back and smirked. "Ah...i think i'll keep you in here for a while and watch you rot."

Randy stepped back and chuckled and then there was nothing but silence for a few moments. Randy looked back up at Rebecca. "I can't believe you've not locked him up in here, especially after what i told you."

Colby turned around and looked at her. "What? Why would she need to lock me up?" He said chuckling.

"You know, i've been looking for you for a while now. I followed you everywhere man, which means i saw everything you did."

Colby looked at Rebecca confused then back towards Randy. "What are you talking about?"

Randy chuckled and leaned his arms against the glass wall. "I watched as you moved to New York, followed her everywhere, i watched as you ran Mercedes' off of the road and then immediately call Rebecca to make sure she was ok, i even watched as you snuck into her apartment to watch her sleep."

Colby looked down and put his hands on his hips before looking at Rebecca. "Did he tell you all of this?"
Rebecca nodded which made him nod. "Wow. Thanks for telling my fiancée stuff that didn't even happen." He said.

Rebecca folded her arms across her chest. "Is it?"

Colby stopped and looked at her. "Is it what?"

"Is it true? Did you really stalk me? I'm not mad i'm just curious."

Colby shook his head and looked down. "I mean... i followed you around yeah, but i-"

"Did you ever sneak into my apartment and watch me sleep?" She asked standing up straight.

"N-No. I came in there to make sure you were safe... but you would always know i was there." Colby walked towards Rebecca. "You don't believe him do you?"

"Well i know that before we met you were watching me in my bakery, and then you mysteriously moved in across from me... i'm not saying i believe him but thinking back to it..."

Colby shook his head and gently grabbed her face. "Rebecca...yes i followed you around, and yes i was staring you down at the bakery, but it was because you were so beautiful...and i wanted to get to know you. So i followed you home one night and i saw that you lived there, so i took up the free apartment."

Rebecca smiled. "Randy showed me pictures of you in my apartment. He showed me pictures of you following me too." She stepped back. "Why?"

Colby through his head back in frustration and grabbed her hand rubbing her engagement ring. "I know it sounds bad but i was doing it to protect you, honey." Rebecca shook her head. "Rebecca listen-"

"Colby..." She said looking down at their hands. All Colby was trying to do was protect her. They had a psycho in a cage behind them, so they needed to drop the conversation anyway.

Rebecca shook her head and smiled a little. "Look i'm sorry for even bringing this up to you. I trust you...Randy just... got into my head with all of those pictures. We shouldn't even be arguing about this. I know you're just trying to protect me..." Rebecca rubbed his cheek and he leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Wow Rebecca...i'm glad you can forgive people so easily. Maybe you could forgive me and i could get out of this freakin cage!" He yelled banging his fists on the door.

Colby was about to go up to him but Rebecca grabbed his arm. "We need to get home...it's late. We can come back tomorrow if you want to?"

Colby nodded and wrapped his arm around her waist walking to the basement door.

"Asshole! You can't leave me in here!" Randy yelled banging the cage again.

Colby and Rebecca stopped at the door and turned around. "What's your favorite food?"

Randy furrowed his eyebrows at Colby's question. "Pizza...why?"

Colby nodded. "I was just wondering what foods to not get you. I'll see you later idiot." And with that Colby and Rebecca walked hand in hand out of the basement.